Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#USMNT - 2018 World Cup Qualifier

i'm glad to see 'young gucci' is on the verge of a call-up.  i love watching him play... such a scrappy, blue-collar yet intelligent, promising player.  and i guess i wont complain about having to see his bombshell girlfriend don the red white & blue in the crowd.  i wonder what position klinsmann has in mind for him.  looks to me he could be a great 6, which would be ideal.

doesnt really make sense to call in green this year.  given that he's riding the pine and will very likely continue to do so in meaningful games, he's not in the form to displace altidore or wood and is probably below zardes and morris on the depth chart right now.  let him continue training with bayern's world class players and coaches, then call him in after he gets some chances to sharpen and showcase his talent with the likes of vidal, alonso, ribery, thiago, alaba, lahm, etc.  i'd bet johannsson is closer to a call-up, as he's close to getting his legs back under him.

i'm excited to see the next wave of young talent integrate into the national team.  there are so many u23 to keep an eye on and watch develop... gooch, green, pulisic, rubio rubin, kekutah manneh, mukwelle akale, josh perez, brooks lennon, haji wright, weston mckennie, mckinze gaines, emerson hyndman, gedion zelalem, luca de la torre, andrew carleton, paul arriola, gboly ariyibi, kellyn acosta, russell canouse, matthew olosunde, desevio payne, keegan rosenberry, brandon vincent, cameron carter-vickers, matt miazga, danny barbir, walker zimmerman, justen glad, tommy redding... then dual nationals who may decide to play for us like timothy weah, devante parker, timothy tillman, jack harrison, theoson-jordan siebatcheu.  undoubtedly several of them wont make it, and undoubtedly several not named there will emerge.  i love futbol.

hell, maybe our boy tommy thompson will find another gear in the next few years and impress enough to enter the senior team conversation.  real long shot though.  that'd be a helluva underdog story.