Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2016 July Evaluation Period

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It's a frustrating time, but it certainly keeps our collective juices flowing.   The list cutting by the prospects is way out of hand but they are eating it up and loving every minute of the attention they're getting.  Sadly, I think a lot of schools get led on that they're in the mix for a particular kid when they really aren't.  Hopefully our staff has enough experience to know which recruits are genuinely interested in IU and which are simply playing a game.

Pretty sure they do, not their first rodeo!! Go IU!

Trav. I agree. We are in there as near equals for the three. Maybe we are losing ground, but that seems expected.

I don't think it's a garbage piece though at all. We have not recruited Indiana at the clip you'd expect from the blue blood state school.

The Indiana thing doesn't mean as much to me if we are getting better players elsewhere. It's when we miss an Elite Indiana player and don't sign a good or great one from out of state.

Kyle Guy comes to mind. It will be cool to see who has a better college career between him and Cujo.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Ahhhh why'd you have to mention Kyle Guy!?!?!? He would have been a Hoosier legend.

I will say Cujo gives me a similar feeling, that I had with OG, before last season. Something tells me he is going to be much better than we anticipate him being. Has the tools. He needs to get stronger and be able to defend but his offensive game is being slept on in a major way. Can shoot the 3, create off the dribble, VERY good in transition, is fast/quick, has a good handle, he's tall for a guard, has tremendous length, and athleticism. I'm bullish on him. I love Green too.

3 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Ahhhh why'd you have to mention Kyle Guy!?!?!? He would have been a Hoosier legend.

I will say Cujo gives me a similar feeling, that I had with OG, before last season. Something tells me he is going to be much better than we anticipate him being. Has the tools. He needs to get stronger and be able to defend but his offensive game is being slept on in a major way. Can shoot the 3, create off the dribble, VERY good in transition, is fast/quick, has a good handle, he's tall for a guard, has tremendous length, and athleticism. I'm bullish on him. I love Green too.

Thank you, I have been hesitant until now. Go IJ ! I got killed for my description and anticipation of OG! By a certain poster!  I love IU and cannot wait for the season! I didn't go to park tudar but I know what I see! 

Michael Porter Jr., headed on flight to Chile w/ U-18 team. Said he will try and recruit Trae Young and Mo Bamba to Washington now.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Don't I win some signature bet?! That was easy to see. It seems UW was using that so other programs would waste time but now they need a piece to recruit other pieces... Weird

I wonder if the Durham commitment has kinda pushed Scruggs away. He seems like he doesn't want any competition and wants the starting job right away. Either way I doubt he would start right away if he came here.

Early PT is a huge factor for Scruggs. He is a great player with big potential but seems unlikely he'd start over Newkirk or RoJo from day 1. Green and CuJo has some things to say about that too. PT will be the reason on Scruggs. No excuse for Wilkes as PT will be available and he is a primary target we recruited first. No excuse on Wilkes.

Regarding PT. DeRon Davis was quoted recently saying he is working to be a starter. Says IU has some great players in OG and TB but he plans on doing whatever is necessary to get on the court and help. Still intriguing to think of an OG, TB, DD front line for defensive stretches.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Early PT is a huge factor for Scruggs. He is a great player with big potential but seems unlikely he'd start over Newkirk or RoJo from day 1. Green and CuJo has some things to say about that too. PT will be the reason on Scruggs. No excuse for Wilkes as PT will be available and he is a primary target we recruited first. No excuse on Wilkes.

Regarding PT. DeRon Davis was quoted recently saying he is working to be a starter. Says IU has some great players in OG and TB but he plans on doing whatever is necessary to get on the court and help. Still intriguing to think of an OG, TB, DD front line for defensive stretches.

Honestly I would be intrigued to see a line up of 

Rojo, OG, Morgan, Davis and Bryant. The defense would be amazing. 

39 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Also ball handling issues.

It's a defensive line up. And if OG is gonna be the first rounder we all expect him to be his offensive game will have had to develop. 

Not a line up we can run with very long but a good line up when the other team is hot and we need to put a stop to it