Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2016 July Evaluation Period

2 hours ago, hoosierpap said:

Stu Jackson @Stuart_Jackson1

Indiana head coach Tom Crean, assistant coaches Chuck Martin and Rob Judson here watching Kris Wilkes and Paul Scruggs. #iubb

3 deep...

We might be down. Can't imagine we are out though if we are still dedicating this much effort

2 hours ago, hoosierpap said:

Stu Jackson @Stuart_Jackson1

Indiana head coach Tom Crean, assistant coaches Chuck Martin and Rob Judson here watching Kris Wilkes and Paul Scruggs. #iubb

3 deep...

But...the question is:

Are we three coaches, one deep for Wilkes, Scruggs, and Gunn, OR

are we three deep for Wilkes?!? :92:

58 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Can't search a darn thing. Anyway. Just heard Vijay Blackmon verballed to St. Francis in Fort Wayne. NAIA

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I saw a tweet to that effect yesterday.

http://wane.com/2016/07/20/vijay-blackmon-commits-to-saint-francis-basketball-program/

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
New Info

Good stuff, Gnarly.

Forgot to mention Jaren Jackson Jr. but said I'd get back to him so here we go...

He had that incredible spring and basically went into a recruiting "reset." Decided that spring sprung him enough that he wasn't going to really be around for the July eval and is "working on his game" at different camps and stuff. Whatever, good for him. In terms of his recruitment he is truly a transplant from the east coast so I wouldn't lump him in as an Indiana boy. He just made the move to La Lum for next year so he'll be playing w elite players and, most notably an elite PG. Again, very good for him. As to the transplant, the family is from the east coast and were only in the Midwest because Mom had a job with the NCAA in Indy. She has recently accepted a job with the WNBA, I believe, in NYC. Sorta interesting to see him transfer in the Midwest despite that, but I don't know what all that means. Dad, obviously, went to Georgetown but I know a guy close to Gtown's program who told me Gtown is not an option at this point. This is weird, but Dad felt slighted that he wasn't considered for the HEAD coaching position (JT3, legacy?) and hasn't forgotten it. Apparently, the staff is looking to improve that relationship but the whole thing is awkward because JT3 can't really recruit him. Anyways, UM has been the perceived leader but given the recruiting "reset", who really knows. It will be interesting to see how IU approaches the recruitment after the switch to La Lum. Crean hasn't done well there.

A lot of words to say, I have no idea where he is leaning at this point.

On 7/19/2016 at 5:30 PM, hoosierpap said:

Point Guards (1's)

IU is clearly looking for a PG in '17. Among those are Tremont Waters, Trevon Duval, Matt Coleman, Paul Scruggs and Isaiah Washington. David Beatty may be more of a combo but he recently came out and said he'd be visiting IU in August.Scruggs is another combo but claims to want to be a PG so i'm including him bc that's where IU is, at least telling him.  ...Duval is really just getting started but there is some UCLA buzz. Schools have been waiting for him to figure out his academics a bit and I was surprised to hear him say IU was even still involved.

FWIW, no mention at all of IU in the following:   http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Top-Ranked-Point-Guard-Recruit-Trevon-Duval-Planning-Visits-46371042

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

US U18 Gold Medal game statistics

CoGNbyoVIAAs3uR.jpg

C. Coleman is actually Indiana PG target Matt Coleman, if I'm not mistaken. Immediate reaction to the MPG. Coleman is playing over two better PG's to a significant degree. Actually, him and Jarrett Allen logged the most minutes. Allen is committed to Texas, Coleman is their top target, Shaka is the coach of both. Silly stuff.

1 hour ago, hoosierpap said:

C. Coleman is actually Indiana PG target Matt Coleman, if I'm not mistaken. Immediate reaction to the MPG. Coleman is playing over two better PG's to a significant degree. Actually, him and Jarrett Allen logged the most minutes. Allen is committed to Texas, Coleman is their top target, Shaka is the coach of both. Silly stuff.

In the 5 total games, Allen and Coleman are top two in minutes.

Allen w 119 min (23.8), Coleman 114 min (22.8), Trae Young 94 min (18.8), Quade Green 50 min (10)

Paul Washington, another UT big man target avg. 17.8 mpg

Bamba avg 13 mpg

3 hours ago, hoosierpap said:

Eric Hampford @F150EricH

Indiana head coach Tom Crean here again watching @MiddlesexMagic 2018 G Cormac Ryan. I don't think he's missed a game of his this week.

Misc. tweets from the AAU Super Showcase event concluding today in Orlando.  Ryan certainly knows how to shoot.

• Magic 2018 Cormac Ryan scored 37pts in Gold bracket semi win including game tying 27ft buzzer beater to force OT!
  • Middlesex Magic (MA) survive against Batimore United (MD) in a 17U 4OT game, winning 83-81. 2018 G Cormac Ryan had 27.
  • Magic 2018 guards Cormac Ryan (31pts - 5 3's) & Thomas Shaughnessy (24pts - 6 3's) phenomenal in win!
  • Magic 17u defeat NY Lightning in Gold bracket play. Cormac Ryan 21pts
  • 2018 G Cormac Ryan is putting on a clinic right now for the @MiddlesexMagic. Highly skilled with an unreal hoops IQ.
  • Really liked what I saw from 2018 Middlesex Magic/Crotty SG Cormac Ryan. Knocked down perimeter shots, finished at the rim
  • 17u Crotty beat D1 Premier Texas. Cormac Ryan 20 pts,