Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) TE Peyton Hendershot to IU

Football commitments seem to carry about as much weight as Wimpy's "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

Getting a verbal from a kid just seems to make the sharks circle that much more.  Nice to get the verbals but are there any stats that indicate what % of verbals become signees with the recruit's first verbally committed school?  Almost seems that to be a recruit's first verbal commitment is a kiss of death.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/09/10/ini-0909-hs-football-top-performers-week-4/89879630/

Peyton Hendershot, Tri-West

The IU commit had a big game for the Bruins, grabbing 10 receptions for 136 yards and two touchdowns. He had a 27-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter and an 8-yard scoring grab in the third to give Tri-West a 21-0 lead over Danville. He also had a fumble recovery on defense. The Bruins held on to win 24-14 and are 2-1 on the season.

Good to see Coach Patton making that close of connections.

As a dad, I would have to agree an offer from IU would be a great Father's Day present!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hendershot won the IndyStar Mr. Football position award for the tight end position.

From the IndyStar article:

Tight end: Peyton Hendershot, Tri-West – The Indiana recruit had a huge senior season, catching 67 passes for 896 yards and nine touchdowns. He finished with 157 catches for 2,170 yards and 22 TDs for his career.

Hendershot won the IndyStar Mr. Football position award for the tight end position.

From the IndyStar article:

Tight end: Peyton Hendershot, Tri-West – The Indiana recruit had a huge senior season, catching 67 passes for 896 yards and nine touchdowns. He finished with 157 catches for 2,170 yards and 22 TDs for his career.

Will be interesting to see how the tight end position changes for the bowl game and for the upcoming season. It was underutilized IMO this year. Would love to see some more TE routes to open up the offense. Wish diamont was going to be here next year to see how the offense changes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners