Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Random IUBB Recruiting

Not much to report for his 2016 AAU season.  Only played in 4 games and in 2 of those games he didn't play a lot of minutes.  Maybe he's still a twig?

Daniel Mading '17 - Team Belief                    
Date Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks. Min.
4/16 2 1 4 0 3 0 0 0 0 2 1 2 11
4/17 10 4 9 0 2 2 3 7 0 1 0 1 33
4/17 8 3 12 0 4 2 2 2 0 0 0 1 15
4/22         Did Not Play                
4/23 8 3 5 1 2 1 2 1 0 2 0 0 10
4/23         Did Not Play                
4/24         Did Not Play                
7/7         Did Not Play in  Gauntlet Finale                

Avg 7.0 37%   9%   71%   3 0 1 0    

From Hutch at the Anderson Herald-Bulletin

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Today’s Hoosiers Insider Blog will look at the top kids playing high school basketball in the state of Indiana in the class of 2018. And with Indiana picking up its third football commitment in the last four days, we'll take a look at that, too.

On Monday, I had a blog that looked at the top high school basketball players in the state of Indiana for the 2017 class. I talked about how there’s a lot of information out there from a lot of good people that focus on recruiting first. Indiana is filled with good recruiting reporting at sites like Scout, Rivals, 247 Sports and Inside the Hall to name a few.

Myself, I do my best to keep up. When you’re a beat writer covering college football and basketball, you end up wearing several hats. Staying current with the recruiting scene is one of them.

In compiling this list of the top 10 high school basketball players who will be playing basketball in the state in the 2018 class, I looked at several sources. One of the ones I found the most user friendly and balanced was the composite top 150 for 247 Sports. So I’ll refer to that list to give a top 10 Indiana basketball kids in the class of 2017.

Here’s how that top 10 looks according to 247 Sports:

1. Romeo Langford (New Albany) SF, 6-5, 191
  2. Kevin Easley (Lawrence North) SF, 6-6, 210
  3. Musa Jallow (Bloomington North) SF, 6-5, 195
  4. Damezi Anderson (South Bend Riley) SF, 6-6, 175
  5. Kevin Zhang (La Lumiere) SF, 6-6, 175
  6. Robert Phinisee (McCutcheon) PG, 5-11, 160
  7. Eric Hunter (Tindley Prep) SG, 6-3, 165
  8. Aaron Henry (Ben Davis) SF, 6-5, 185
  9. Austin Boucher (Fort Wayne South) CG, 6-3, 165
  10. Gavin Bizeau (Plainfield) C, 6-11, 181

Of the group, Langford is the one who stands out. He’s the No. 2 ranked player overall in that class by 247 Sports, Rivals and Scout. He has offers from all of the usual suspects including Duke, Kentucky, Indiana, Louisville and Kansas. Purdue is there as well.

Just how much of a gap is there between Langford and the rest of the field when it comes to 2018 state of Indiana kids? After Langford at No. 2, Kevin Easley is in the No. 105 spot in the 247 Sports rankings. Musa Jallow is No. 112, Damezi Anderson is No. 117 and Kevin Zhang is No. 149.

No one in the class is committed at this point and it’s still a little early for that. Perhaps by the spring in a few of the cases, there could be some movement on that front.

Both Indiana and Purdue are on all of the top 10 and have offers out to several of them.

This coming season, their junior year of high school, will dictate a lot of their movement in terms of where they could be leaning with college choices.

We've apparently started watching '18 David Singleton a 6' 4" SG from Bishop Montgomery HS in Torrance, CA.

http://247sports.com/Player/David-Singleton-88157

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/203663/david-singleton

This snippet is from ScoutHoops back in Sept. '15:

2018 Bishop Montgomery SG David Singleton getting early recruiting interest

David Singleton had a successful weekend at the Fullcourt Press All Frosh/Soph Camp, which should be sure to help propel his recruitment. One of SoCal’s most productive guards in 2018 comes from Torrance (Calif.) Bishop Montgomery in David Singleton. The 6-foot-4, 180-pound shooting guard is a versatile player who will likely be able to play multiple perimeter positions in college given his shooting, motor, passing and rebounding ability. Singleton prides himself in doing what it takes to help his team win.

“It depends what we need,” Singleton said. “If we have a small lineup I’ll play big and in a bigger lineup I’ll handle the ball. I’ll shoot, play inside or rebound; whatever it takes. I’m trying to get better at everything. No one is perfect.”  So far, Singleton has had UCLA, California, Stanford, USC, Oregon State and Pepperdine by his school to watch him workout.  When his recruitment picks up, one attribute in a program will be especially important.  “Education is most important for me,” he said.

On 6/15/2016 at 6:40 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Going to start this as I'm not sure of the wisdom of starting a new thread for each and every kid we reach out to since the contact period for this class just started and we don't have any confirmation that it's been anything other than a contact; no formal offer extended.  There are a few threads already started for some '18 targets such as Romeo Langford, Tyler Herro and Robert Phinisee.

1.  2018 PG Cobie Dillard (Indpls. Scecina) heard from Ball State, Indiana per his AAU coach

2.  2018 F Aundre Hyatt (Archbishop Stepinac - White Plains, NY).    Indiana and 11 other schools.

3.  2018 Wing Aaron Henry (Indpls. Ben Davis) heard from Indiana and Butler today

Looks like Aundre Hyatt transferred to Miller School - White Plains, NY and reclassed to '19.

On 9/14/2016 at 2:30 PM, ccgeneral said:

IU scheduled to watch 2018 SF Khalid Moore Archbishop Molloy (NY) next week per Zag. Same school as 2018 C Moses Brown and 2019 PG Cole Anthony who we watched before.

Can't find much on Moore, but Anthony (Class of '19) played AAU ball on the 17U team for powerhouse PSA Cardinals which had Mo Bamba, Brandon Randolph, Deng Gak and Quade Green and made it to the championship game of the Peach Jam Classic.  Anthony played in 23 games averaging 21 min. per game / 9.8 PPG on 39% / 35% on 3's / 81% FT's / 3 Reb / 3 Asst / 2 TO / 1 stl. 

On July 17, 2016 at 0:22 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Video of him is interesting. Can shoot and dribble. Has some skills. Is a twig at 6'10 180lbs. Wondering if that has changed?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was thinking the same thing. Speed training and squats is exactly what he needs. Has potential to be a slower shorter Thon Maker. 

On 9/14/2016 at 2:30 PM, ccgeneral said:

IU scheduled to watch 2018 SF Khalid Moore Archbishop Molloy (NY) next week per Zag. Same school as 2018 C Moses Brown and 2019 PG Cole Anthony who we watched before.

Must be something solid about Anthony's game.  This from Zags

Cole Anthony (Archbishop Molloy H.S./New York, N.Y.); Bryan Antoine (Ranney School/Tinton Falls, N.J.) and Scottie Lewis (Ranney School/Hazlet, N.J.) were among 56 of the nation's top high school players invited to the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado on Oct. 8-9.

16 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

IU @ Archbishop Molloy (NY) watching 2018 SF Khalid Moore, 2018 C Moses Brown and 2019 PG Cole Anthony. 

@AdamZagoria: Here at Molloy for 2018 @Moses_Graham1 and 2019 @The_ColeAnthony - Rick Pitino and Kenny Johnson and assts from UConn, Miami, Indiana

From Andrew Slater - L'ville offered Moore today.

July 10, snippet on a Nevada website:

2016 Nevada Wolf Pack signee Kenneth Wooten announced that he has reclassified and will be a part of the 2017 recruiting class. Wooten made the announcement of his reclassification on ScoutHoops and to see his announcement, here is the video.

The 6-foot-8 forward Wooten signed with the Wolf Pack in November before he had a spectacular season year at Mantec High School where he averaged 14 points and 11 rebounds. Wooten left Manteca high school before graduating and enrolled at Trinity International Prep School in Las Vegas in May.

Wooten’s status for the 2016-17 season was in limbo but with this announcement, Wooten plans to re-open his enrollment but remains committed to Nevada. With Wooten’s reclassification, the Wolf Pack’s 2016-17 recruiting class is down to two players: point guard Devereal Ramsey and wing player Josh Hall.

Time will tell if Wooten will keep his commitment to Nevada and given what he said in the video announcement, I believe that he will honor his commitment to the Wolf Pack.