Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Random IUBB Recruiting

Brainstorming ideas for 2019 lineups if we get Langford but don't get Garland.

I'd like to see a lineup like this to see how it can do.

Langford
Hunter
Smith
Morgan
DD

The length/athleticism and versatility would be interesting. Is it enough ball handlers? Maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

For 2018-2019 right?

Durham
Langford
Smith
Morgan
Davis

Jones, Hunter, and Forrester/Thompson off the bench

I'd prefer more ball handling with Durham. He provides plenty of height/length at the guard spot. That lineup should be able to defend well too.

5 star recruits* in the last 5 years
SEC—38 (Kentucky, 24)
ACC—30 (Duke, 16)
Pac 12—19
Big 12—13 (Kansas, 9)
Big Ten—9

*using 247 Composite
Breakdown of those nine five-star recruits from the Big Ten …

Michigan State — 3
Indiana — 3
Purdue — 1
Ohio State — 1
Maryland ‘— 1

Brendan Quinn

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

5 star recruits* in the last 5 years
SEC—38 (Kentucky, 24)
ACC—30 (Duke, 16)
Pac 12—19
Big 12—13 (Kansas, 9)
Big Ten—9

*using 247 Composite
Breakdown of those nine five-star recruits from the Big Ten …

Michigan State — 3
Indiana — 3
Purdue — 1
Ohio State — 1
Maryland ‘— 1

Brendan Quinn

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Bozich and Quinn talked a little bit about Hunter in that exchange and both think he could be a 5 star talent. I definitely agree with them

I just rewatched some videos of him yesterday.  The dude has length!  Ever since Chris007 said something about one of our current recruits possibly backing out, I've been pretty anxious to get Jerome's signed LOI.  
Everyone's wishlist for 2019 has Watford and Brooks on it.  Emotionally, I get it.  Objectively, I don't know that there is a need for both if we get one.  I think I'd prefer a TJD (assuming he adds another inch or so), and then get some more guards.  Guards make the engine go.  Final Four teams always have an excellent pair of guards back there.  Best case scenario, I guess, would be that Darius Garland is then returning for his sophomore season, and CuJo has rounded out into a weapon that can be relied upon.  Then just a Watford and TJD may do it.  
That's just me.  Tuesday musings.  I'll change my mind tomorrow. 

I could understand this thinking but.. in 2019 we'll have (hopefully) a senior Davis, junior Moore, RS sophomore Thompson, and sophomore Forrester. I would prefer adding two elite (big) wings to go with Hunter at the 2.

I have no interests. I just don’t see it fellas. Mid major player IMO

He's better than that but he's another LaLu kid looking for a handout. No doubt in my mind some of these programs have had some sleepless nights this week.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

He's better than that but he's another LaLu kid looking for a handout. No doubt in my mind some of these programs have had some sleepless nights this week.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/r150-g-campbell-set-to-receive-attention-from-many
Looks like Purdue will be involved moving forward

Since Indiana, like our government, is a not-for-profit organization without real shareholders to answer to when it comes to expenses, I would bet that if anything the budget was increased YoY.

That info can be foiled(freedom of information law). Data like that has been released from public schools in the past. Thats how we know Crean had a high 6 figure budget while Wisky were essentially hitchhiking to see recruits and still whupping us.

With the Darius Days commitment to LSU, only Langford and Garland are still on the board with IU offers from Archie so just for fun, here's a list of the other Archie offerees and where they're headed.

Akinjo, James UConn
Ayala, Eric Maryland
Bazley, Darius Syracuse
Carey, Jalen Syracuse
Days, Darius LSU
DeVoe, Michael Georgia Tech
Dort, Lugentz Arizona State
Duke, David Providence
Henry, Aaron Michigan State
Hinton, Nate Houston
Jallow, Musa O$U
Johns, Brandon Michigan