Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Random IUBB Recruiting

10 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:
Here's some in-state names. These rankings are from last September and I didn't include Tyger Campbell.
#35 Keion Brooks - thread
#45 Amari Sherrod
#75 Dexter Shouse Jr.
#98 Sydney Curry - thread
#18 Mabor Majak
#42 Julian Hunter
#51 Mike Saunders Jr.
#55 Hunter Jackson - thread
#72 Trey Galloway
#96 Jeremy Baker

I would add Jackson Davis from center grove as well for 2019. He has a Purdue offer

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Ok, thanks. I just stuck with the top 100. 

Selfishly I'm hoping he cracks the top 100 and improves because that means my local team will be fun to watch the next 2 years. They gave New Albany all they could handle in the first game of regionals. Snow mentioned Davis as one to watch from Indiana in the 2019 class

48 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Selfishly I'm hoping he cracks the top 100 and improves because that means my local team will be fun to watch the next 2 years. They gave New Albany all they could handle in the first game of regionals. Snow mentioned Davis as one to watch from Indiana in the 2019 class

He may be on other sites now. That info I posted was saved for a long time and before any others started ranking 2019 and beyond.

Event this past weekend called NY2LA Swish N' Dish.  Several names participated that were FCTC targets.  Indiana kid from Ben Davis, Aaron Henry also participated and this was written about him.

PRIME PERFORMERS
AARON HENRY – 2018 – SF – TEAM HARRIS
Having recently led his Ben Davis (IN) team to a state title, Henry looks on a mission right now to show fans and scouts what his game is about. Henry finished an early afternoon, hard-fought win with 21 points he earned slashing to the hoop or putting back offensive boards. He also had 9 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 assists and 4 blocks in a definite up and down-paced game.

No idea if CAM will have any interest in him or not, but he was the only Indiana name I saw in the various weekend summaries.

I've listened to several CAM interviews regarding recruiting.

Alright, here's the deal.

We aren't going to land 3-5 stars every season. We aren't going to cater to one and done, selfish players.

We are going to try to find players that want to win and love the game.

You all will be happy to know, for a while, I won't be getting worked up about recruiting rankings. I am going to trust CAMs approach and give the benefit of the doubt.

I KNOW that much more goes into winning than recruiting rankings but I also know there is a pretty concrete correlation with winning in recruiting and winning on the court.

I'm very intrigued to see where our recruiting goes and how high CAM aims for players.

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We aren't going to land 3-5 stars every season. We aren't going to cater to one and done, selfish players.

You all will be happy to know, for a while, I won't be getting worked up about recruiting rankings. I am going to trust CAMs approach and give the benefit of the doubt.

I KNOW that much more goes into winning than recruiting rankings but I also know there is a pretty concrete correlation with winning in recruiting and winning on the court.

I'm very intrigued to see where our recruiting goes and how high CAM aims for players.

I hope Archie is able to consistently land 5 stars, we need some on the roster to be elite. I'm excited/anxious to see what he's able to do on the recruiting trail. 

12 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think if Archie can find 5 stars who aren't one and dones we will be set. Mix that in with some 4 stars and a few hungry 3 stars and we will have nice roster balance.

3 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I think if Archie can find 5 stars who aren't one and dones we will be set. Mix that in with some 4 stars and a few hungry 3 stars and we will have nice roster balance.

This.  This is the model Carolina has used, perhaps more by necessity than by design, but it has worked out awfully well for them the last couple of years.

1 minute ago, HOOsier Thunder said:

This.  This is the model Carolina has used, perhaps more by necessity than by design, but it has worked out awfully well for them the last couple of years.

Yup. Was thinking of their model while typing. Not all 5 stars will be one and dones, and if we can get them to buy in for a few years it will be a recipe for sustained success.

I hope we can narrow down some talent that is 6'10" and above.  Having an unending supply of guards and wings is great, but it's hard to compete without at least two competent bigs on the roster.  

We are gonna need both. We will be replacing more than half our roster. DG, CuJo if he stays are our only guards next year. Justin Smith, DD & Juwan are our only frontcourt guys. I am excited to see what Archie does with this 18 class. It will be a top 10 ranked class regardless because of size. Not saying it wont be good. If he gets even 3 top 100 kids and fills in with 4 high 3 stars that will be enough. Personally I want a 5 star, 2 high 4 stars, a low 4 star a couple high 3 stars. That isn't a lot to ask.

Carmody is a great scorer though. Butler has been the favorite for awhile though.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

For 2019, add Cobie Barnes from Floyd Central. 6"6 wing that I believe is a 3-star at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

He's been discussed in this thread and it sounds like there's alot of work to do to even get an offer. He's in the 2019 pinned thread.

So has Archie been out recruiting the last 2 days? I figured some names would have popped up, but nothing has come about news-wise.