Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jmsgws

Vegas picks for next year

Saw an article this morning from the Crimson Quarry discussing IU's win total for next year. 

Vegas has the O/U at 4.5 games.  Thoughts?

Here are my predictions:

@Florida International     W

Ball State                         W

Wake Forest                    W

Michigan State                  L

@Ohio State                        L

Nebraska                          L

@Northwestern                    L

Maryland                           W

@Rutgers                             W

Penn State                         L

@Michigan                             L

Purdue                               W

That puts at 6 wins and hopefully another bowl.

I think the key games in the L column are Nebraska and Northwestern.  I would like to say Penn State as well since it is at home.  I think the big key is that there are 5 winnable games right in the middle of the season. 

I am really hoping for a W against Nebraska.  Hate to make the long drive down from Wisconsin for a loss.  :)

There are so many unknown variables with this upcoming team I have a hard time gauging how they will even perform. New QB. New leader. How does our QB/WR chemistry play out. New D Coordinator. How will the D respond to this?

I love that it's June 1 and we're talking IUFB however.

Thanks G for starting this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I guess I just kind of discount the variables.  :)  I am at a point that less than 6 wins is not going to be successful season.  We need to have turned the corner from losing!

The D certainly can't be any worse than it has been. The running game should once again be outstanding.  Diamont has proven himself to be serviceable.  Just not sure how durable.  The receiving corp is going to be good. 

The variables should not keep us from 6 wins.  Hell, I really want to go to New York again over Christmas.  That was an absolute blast last year..

Like Natty said, so many unknowns that it's hard to predict a W-L record for next season. If everything works in our favor, I could see us winning 7-8 games. But I would also not be surprised if we only won 4 or 5. Already got my season tickets; I'm ready to tailgate and see an improved team! 

2 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I really want to see an upset win this year. We'll be home dogs against Nebraska and Penn State.  Would love to pull off an upset or two.

Need to start beating some of these middle of the pack teams. Penn St. and Nebraska arent what they once were. This is the next step IMO.

Pretty nice pre season write up on the offensive capabilities of the team from last year.  Even with a new QB I think we will be good.  We are done rebuilding on offense, we are simply reloading.  I am hoping for some defensive improvements to get us at least to the 6 win level again this year.

Definitely need a bowl appearance again this year to deem it a success. This is B1G football, there's no team to rebuild, we just need to reload. The running game is going to be front and center of our success. Lagow seems like he will be solid, and that's all he needs to be. Doesn't need to be great. Purdue, Rutgers, and Maryland should be our wins in conference with the hopes of upsetting NW and PSU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The path to victory is three wins out of conference, then conference wins against Maryland, Rutgers and Purdue. Anything above that is a bonus IMO. However, I would hope we could pull an upset from one of the six remaining conference games. PSU at home is the most winnable out of those remaining games.

I have no doubt the defense will be better. The quality and level of investment in coaching is on a completely different level than anything CKW has ever had. Talent wise the secondary has more depth, talent and experience than last year. We have some guys upfront we will have to replace but I'm confident Coach Allen's scheme will use the guys we have to their best talents.

Honestly, this season comes down to QB play. If we cannot get good QB play, even wins against the out of conference schools will be difficult to come by. I am very encouraged by the spring game that we will have a dangerous downfield passing game.

We really owe Rutgers one in Piscataway this season. 

It is hard to make any predictions without knowing really what to expect from the QB position. But just based on the talent returning around the QB on offense and hopefully not starting an true freshman on defense this season, plus Allen and Hagen, assuming we get decent QB play I'd like to think that we can.....

• Run the table in the NonCon
  • Take care of business at home vs Maryland and PU
  • Exact revenge in Piscataway 
  • Win one out of Penn St, Nebraska or Northwestern.