Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KB0

2016-17 Minutes and Rotation

Uh... Tim Priller is still on the team... and has played a whopping 40 minutes. That's a total of one game in 2 years. Obviously McSwain isn't Priller but Crean is ok with not playing those on scholarship. He didn't play April either. Hoetzel played about 8 minutes a Gane. Hartman only played like 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

And what's the difference between all of the players you listed and Freddie? Freddie is a transfer with playing experience. So far, Crean's transfer have been expected to contribute day one.

And what's the difference between all of the players you listed and Freddie? Freddie is a transfer with playing experience. So far, Crean's transfer have been expected to contribute day one.

How many were from a JUCO that he played? Devan Dumes? Lol.

1 hour ago, X-Hoosier said:

How many were from a JUCO that he played? Devan Dumes? Lol.

All kidding aside, Dumes did get a lot of minutes from day 1... which bolsters his point

Yes. We all know how that season went, as did both years with DD, but what we need from McSwain is totally different.

I don't think anyone is saying FM is going to come in and be a top 3 stats guy, but rather a guy who brings some real positives when he enters the game, during the 1st 35 min of play.

32 minutes ago, gfunk69 said:

I don't think Hartman should start. OG is a better 3 and Davis is a better 4 than him

That's a bold statement. Would be great if that turns out to be true and CH would be a valuable guy to bring off the bench, but not sure we can assume that based on HS/AAU highlight tapes. 

That's a bold statement. Would be great if that turns out to be true and CH would be a valuable guy to bring off the bench, but not sure we can assume that based on HS/AAU highlight tapes. 

He can't gaurd anything. There are certain teams where he could be a great asset as a stretch 4 but if any team has size (Wisconsin, Mich St., Purdue) he will be exploited and in more cases his poor defense outweighs his inconsistent offense

1 minute ago, gfunk69 said:

He can't gaurd anything. There are certain teams where he could be a great asset as a stretch 4 but if any team has size (Wisconsin, Mich St., Purdue) he will be exploited and in more cases his poor defense outweighs his inconsistent offense

Yeah, you've got a point about his D. I'm not convinced we can simply assume DD will be better though.  

Hartman may not start, but if he doesn't it will be because Newkirk is starting in a three guard lineup.

7 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

pretty exciting roster next season. Where are we weak? PG? Maybe. Wing with a point getter? Maybe.

Seems like a solid roster makeup for once. Need OG to continue making strides. I love when he shoots the gap for steals like Oladipo was good at.

We are not the most athletic team though. Speed, jumping, etc.

Rojo average. JB the same. TB the same. Hartman sub average, Juwan sub average. OG and Freddie hyper athletes. OG isn't fast though.

Very cool roster. Looking forward to seeing CuJo, DeRon, Devonte, and Newkirk.

I hate that nearly all the borderline B1G NBA players returned. Going to be a tough road.

Juwan's athleticism may not stand out, but he appears to have good speed, quickness, and quick leaping (including second jump) ability. As a frosh it was most obvious to me on D and the boards.

Juwan's athleticism may not stand out, but he appears to have good speed, quickness, and quick leaping (including second jump) ability. As a frosh it was most obvious to me on D and the boards.

His defensive posture and positioning were remarkable for a freshman. His rebounding fundamentals as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Lets not forget we can still stretch the floor without Max, Yogi and Nick. We will be MUCH longer next year, and while I certainly expect our speed and our scoring numbers to go down, we still have Collin to take wing and shoot/drive, I noticed improvement in his ability to get into and down the lane for a bucket this past season. Not to mention Thomas, who will take leaps and bounds in the offseason. Crean will probably strive to work with him with a focus to stretch the space as a true 5. The rest depends on how the Frosh class and, very anticipated Sophomore class, decides how to lead.