Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IU Baseball - B1G Tournament

Watching coastal Carolina leading for the title. When we did our coaching u think we expanded beyond the Midwest region? Gary Gilmore seems like a guy who could have killed it here as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We hired a guy who was one of the top assistants in the Midwest with all kinds of local recruiting connections. As such, we have by far the highest ranked recruiting class in the B1G next year. Also, it's pretty easy to sit back two years later and say "hey why didn't we hire the guy who just won the CWS?".

We hired a guy who was one of the top assistants in the Midwest with all kinds of local recruiting connections. As such, we have by far the highest ranked recruiting class in the B1G next year. Also, it's pretty easy to sit back two years later and say "hey why didn't we hire the guy who just won the CWS?".

Yeah I hate to burst your bubble but the best assistants come from the South (SEC, ACC) and West (pac 12). The Midwest is garbage when it comes to coaching. If you have problem believing that, I don't know check all the past winners of the college World Series for the last thirty years. Jeez that's the problem with Midwest mentality, you guys are too chicken of any sort of change. If he expanded his search beyond the Midwest I'm fine because that' she guy he went with. But if he didn't well the fan base is idiotic for accepting mediocrity.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yeah I hate to burst your bubble but the best assistants come from the South (SEC, ACC) and West (pac 12). The Midwest is garbage when it comes to coaching. If you have problem believing that, I don't know check all the past winners of the college World Series for the last thirty years. Jeez that's the problem with Midwest mentality, you guys are too chicken of any sort of change. If he expanded his search beyond the Midwest I'm fine because that' she guy he went with. But if he didn't well the fan base is idiotic for accepting mediocrity.

Well good thing we hired an assistant from the ACC.

There was going to be a natural drop off after Tracy Smith left. We lost Schwarber, Travis, Demuth, and DeNato in one off season and still made the tournament the next season. This season we were maybe slightly below expectations, but we certainly weren't bad and we simply didn't have the offense to win big. Also Lemonis' recruits were just freshman last season so he's just now getting his guys into the program.

We have a top 30 recruiting class, which is good for a northern team, and the number 1 class in the big ten. It's way to early to say he isn't the guy yet

Please Louisville just came into the ACC but you keep giving our AD excuses for bad hirings. Our soccer, volleyball, basketball, and swimming teams have stunk, I guess it can't hurt to add baseball as well.

Hasn't UL been towards the top of the ACC and the country in baseball for a few years now? That just seems odd.

Soccer, won a natty.

Basketball, a few B1G championships in recent years. That's not where most fans want to be but far from where we could be.

Athletic Department is trash bro. Burn it down and start over. Maybe we could just keep the money that normally goes toward scholarships and build facilities over the next few years. Oh, wait...

Please Louisville just came into the ACC but you keep giving our AD excuses for bad hirings. Our soccer, volleyball, basketball, and swimming teams have stunk, I guess it can't hurt to add baseball as well.

Hey, take a chill pill. We recently won a National Title in soccer, the only stinker in basketball was losing to a red hot UNC team that would have beat anyone that night. I will give you volleyball, but seriously, relax and lay off!

What? Louisville has done great in the ACC and was a national seed this year. Soccer is like 3 years off a national title, both the basketball teams had good years, and I have no idea why you are saying the swimming teams stink. That's just...false. Lilly King says hi. Volleyball has struggled, yes.

Hasn't UL been towards the top of the ACC and the country in baseball for a few years now? That just seems odd.

Soccer, won a natty.

Basketball, a few B1G championships in recent years. That's not where most fans want to be but far from where we could be.

Athletic Department is trash bro. Burn it down and start over. Maybe we could just keep the money that normally goes toward scholarships and build facilities over the next few years. Oh, wait...

Yeah I don't even understand his argument. What is the excuse? That Louisville is good at baseball?

You gotta give Lemonis a few more years before judging him. Just not enough time gone by yet. I was upset we didn't give Smith an offer he couldn't refuse. We don't do that like some smaller schools do. (UK). Other smaller schools will use us to recruit our good coaches. I'm not sure it can be blamed on Glass but certainly the Dip Sht's that run this school.

What should we have offered him? Smith made more here than he does at ASU. Glass asked him what will it take to keep you here? Told him to name it. It didn't matter because it's a higher caliber job. IU fans need to understand that the B1G is a middle of the pack baseball conference. We have really upped our resources, but he was never going to turn down ASU. That's one of the best jobs in the country.

Update: We have 2 coaches and 11 athletes headed to Rio for the Olympics in swimming/diving.

It's been a banner year for Looze and Indiana, as Looze became the first swimming coach in Big Ten league history to be named both the men's and women's conference coach of the year during the same season. Looze has won Big Ten Swimming Coach of the Year honors a total of six times – four for the men and two for the women.

Under Looze's guidance, the Hoosier men placed ninth at the 2016 NCAA Championships with a total of 180.5 points and finished as the top Big Ten team at the NCAA's for the first time since 1978. On the women's side, Looze led the IU women to their best finish ever at the NCAA Championships, placing seventh with a program-best 228 points.

Disband the program.

Update: We have 2 coaches and 11 athletes headed to Rio for the Olympics in swimming/diving.

It's been a banner year for Looze and Indiana, as Looze became the first swimming coach in Big Ten league history to be named both the men's and women's conference coach of the year during the same season. Looze has won Big Ten Swimming Coach of the Year honors a total of six times – four for the men and two for the women.

Under Looze's guidance, the Hoosier men placed ninth at the 2016 NCAA Championships with a total of 180.5 points and finished as the top Big Ten team at the NCAA's for the first time since 1978. On the women's side, Looze led the IU women to their best finish ever at the NCAA Championships, placing seventh with a program-best 228 points.

Disband the program.

- Drops mic and walks away

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:16 PM, Bittersince87 said:

As for basketball, don't forget the women's terrible progress.  Moren has left this team in shambles.

The 2015-2016 season was a historic one, despite having only one senior and a second year coach. The Hoosiers finished with a 21-12 record with a 12-6 record in conference play under second year coach Teri Moren. Teri Moren was named Big Ten Coach of the Year, the first Indiana women's basketball coach to do so since 1982. The Hoosiers finished a perfect 14-0 at home and finished fourth in the Big Ten conference, behind #5 Maryland, #9 Ohio State, and #16 Michigan State. After regular season play was over, the Hoosiers received a #9 seed and were able to participate in the NCAA tournament for the first time in 14 years. Indiana defeated the Georgia Bulldogs 62-58 for their first NCAA tournament win in 33 years. The Hoosiers then fell to #1 seed Notre Dame.

-

I feel so ashamed and embarrassed.  We're so darn poor at everything, is it possible to redeem my IU diploma? 

Breaking news: The $180 mil for planned facilities projects has been immediately redirected to a demolition fund for all athletic facilities. Any remaining money shall be used to engrave a tombstone reading: "Here lies Indiana University athletics - We suck."

Seems like a wise decision.

The first two games of the #B1GBaseball Tournament will be delayed due to weather in the area. The games originally scheduled for tomorrow afternoon will move to Thursday morning and all games will continue to adjust accordingly.

We were scheduled to play No.1 Maryland on Wednesday at 5 p.m. (CT).  That game has now been moved to Thursday 9 a.m (CT).