Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUsafety

Cutting the Cord

6 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Question ... I am pretty open to switching to anything to save as long as my sports channels are available.  So, any IU games, Pacers games, St. Louis Cardinals games, Colts (most of them are on local channels).  Are all of those available on YouTubeTv?

I’m just getting started with it, but from what I’ve seen, it’s based on your location. I’m in the Cincinnati area so I’m getting Fox Sports Ohio (which is great for my reds games). If you are in the Indy area, I would assume you would get Fox Sports Indy but not 100% on how that works. Here is the list of channels it comes with.

46C1C294-1000-4CFB-9EBF-A60B717B659A.png

Just now, kbhoosiers said:

I’m just getting started with it, but from what I’ve seen, it’s based on your location. I’m in the Cincinnati area so I’m getting Fox Sports Ohio (which is great for my reds games). If you are in the Indy area, I would assume you would get Fox Sports Indy but not 100% on how that works. Here is the list of channels it comes with.

Thank you for the info!  I may just go ahead and see about doing the free trial. 

Help me out:
My Home: I currently have Direct TV. Do you recommend stopping Direct TV and only using my Firestick? Please help me understand all of this.
My other location: I currently work out of country and use a laptop connected to WIFI. My phone is also only on WIFI. I want to watch TV on my laptop and maybe watch some games on my cellphone.

What do you guys recommend. My Direct TV is friggin' killing me with monthly payments. We do the whole DVR thing which is cool but....for what i pay...i could use some options.

I have experience with PSVue, Hulu Live, YouTube TV and Dish Sling. PSVue was the best option for me. Unlimited DVR, up to five TVs at one time and only $35 dollars a month. Most of them offer a free trial with no contracts and no hassle cancellation. Just look at what each one offers and see what fits you best and give it a try. Definitely worth the savings.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

We tried PSvue last summer but the interface was not as user friendly and we ended up back with cable.

Did the interface get any better

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, kbhoosiers said:

I live just north of Cincy. I was just talking to my brother-in-law last weekend about switching to Sling. Who do you run your internet through to support YouTubetv?  And what type of internet speed do you need? I'm thinking of switching to Spectrum for my internet. 

26 minutes ago, jonz44 said:

I live just north of Cincy. I was just talking to my brother-in-law last weekend about switching to Sling. Who do you run your internet through to support YouTubetv?  And what type of internet speed do you need? I'm thinking of switching to Spectrum for my internet. 

I have spectrum and them and sling do not get along 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I have spectrum and them and sling do not get along 

My brother-in-law has Spectrum and said overall he was pretty pleased. He did say it would "pause" occasionally but it wasn't a frequent problem. They also have Amazon Prime which they use frequently also. I'm trying to find the cheapest combination that will get me BTN, FoxSports Ohio, Golf channel, and preferably CBS (the Masters). I'm liking what I'm seeing of YouTube tv. I'm sick of paying cincy bell fioptics through the nose for tons of content I don't need or use. I know Spectrum isn't any better either. 

2 hours ago, jonz44 said:

I have internet through Comcast. I’m running about 95 mbps (I’m no techy so not sure if this is good) I believe and I’ve had no issues with buffering. I stream it through my Xbox One and so far so good!

We tried PSvue last summer but the interface was not as user friendly and we ended up back with cable.

Did the interface get any better

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Depends on what you are using. I have streamed on PS3, PS4, AppleTv, Apple IPad, Roku and Amazon Firestick. Seems to work really well on all of them except maybe the Firestick, no guide function. They may have fixed that by now, I am not sure.

The interface is probably best with the PS3 & PS4 and the Apple products.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I didn't see fire stick as a supported device for YouTube t.v. I know Amazon and Google have been having a little war going on for a while now. Anyone using a fire stick for it. I'm more than ready to dump comcast.

31 minutes ago, muckraker said:

I've used both the fire stick and the fire TV. The fire TV is faster, but both work. 

Thanks. I think I'll give it a try.

36 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Unfortunately, it's really just a matter of time that streaming services become as expensive as cable and satellite services. 

I can definitely see that happening as the user base gets bigger. The main difference is that the streaming services have to compete with each other while the cable companies were given exclusive territories. Maybe the competition aspect will keep this format a little more price conscious.

I like the level of competition of streaming services. When T-Mobile announces they are starting up a service..things look good. I think Disney is supposed to be getting into the game. Looking back from cable converter boxes to satellite decoders, the amount of money the companies made "leasing" the equipment was preposterous. The units were paid for 2-3 times over. Same with the DSL modems that the phone company leased. If I can straight purchase the access device and focus my money on the content I wish to consume, mix that with open-ended competition, I think prices will be held in check for a while. That being said, I do fully expect the price to increase as the services age, but I believe that the product quality will increase along with it. I remember ground-floor cable and satellite service...expensive and superbly wonky.