Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2016 April Evaluation Recap

2 minutes ago, bhaggard89 said:

Rabjohns just tweeted we are actively recruiting a 4emoji294.png️ '16 PF. Any idea who it is?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I saw that.

So we contacted a 2016 PG and a 2016 PF.

We're pulling schollys out of our... 

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I saw that.

So we contacted a 2016 PG and a 2016 PF.

We're pulling schollys out of our... 

I'd assume this means Priller is graduating or will finish his free IU degree off the team or transferring. 

So, who is this masked man (2016 PF) we are recruiting?

Looking at the ESPN top 100, there is not many available.

And why are we still recruiting 2016 when we're 1) over signed 2) have 4-5 current players who can play the 4 and 3) only have a few open spots for a stud 2017 class??

I like the team that is assembled for 2016-2017. I'm not sure all of those players will fit on the team the following season though. I don't want to lose out on a possible stud recruit because we don't have a scholarship.

And why are we still recruiting 2016 when we're 1) over signed 2) have 4-5 current players who can play the 4 and 3) only have a few open spots for a stud 2017 class??

I like the team that is assembled for 2016-2017. I'm not sure all of those players will fit on the team the following season though. I don't want to lose out on a possible stud recruit because we don't have a scholarship.

I have the same concerns as you. There has been many years I have felt the same. I am guessing these are nothing more than a safety net on the roster. Anything more than that, I haven't a clue.

Do you remember who our coach is? He does this every year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

http://www.d1circuit.com/midseasonreport

The Nike Elite Youth Basketball League (EYBL) has posted a mid-season report for each of its participating teams available through the above link.  Teams that include IU targets (and I probably overlooked a couple) are:

1. Coleman, Matt – Boo Williams

2. Durham, Al – Southern Stampede

3. Sexton, Collin – Southern Stampede (should be a target)

4. Garland, Darius – St. Louis Eagles

5. Goodwin, Jordan – St. Louis Eagles

6. Jackson, Jaren – Spiece Indy Heat

7. Platek, Andrew – Albany City Rocks

8. Porter, Michael Jr. – MoKan Elite  (probably a lost cause with his dad joining the WA staff.

9. Randolph, Brandon – PSA Cardinals

10. Smith, Justin – Mac Irvin Fire

11. Tucker, Jordan – The RENS

12. Vanderbilt, Jarred – Houston Hoops

13. Watford, Trendon – Alabama Challenge

Scared. Durham signing could turn out to be a good, big guard but he isn't a world beater or our primary need.

The biggest "need/want" to me is Wilkes.

I want Scruggs. Not sure we need him.

We could lose Blackmon, OG, Hartman, and TB this year. 3 "bigs"

If we lost those 4 plus Priller.

Scruggs, Wilkes, Jackson, AND Williams.

Idk. Lots of options and a million offers. Not sure we fit too many other guards than Durham. Only projected to lose Blackmon.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I like the idea of Platek. Don't see where he fits.

Would love to get a True big man. Jackson and Williams are lengthy and tall but aren't your true 5. DeRon can man the middle though better than Yogi and Stan did so that's a plus (wink wink).

Gotta get Wilkes. Seems perfect for Crean.

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I like the idea of Platek. Don't see where he fits.

Would love to get a True big man. Jackson and Williams are lengthy and tall but aren't your true 5. DeRon can man the middle though better than Yogi and Stan did so that's a plus (wink wink).

Gotta get Wilkes. Seems perfect for Crean.

Jackson over Williams for me. Wilkes is in the wheelhouse right now. For bigs, IU has really turned it on for the NJ/NY duo

I'm with fleek on needing a big. We will need a big even if TB and DD are here in '17. I'd go after Bamba and Richards accept a commitment from the first and have a backup plan with a decent, serviceable big.

I'd also go after Jackson as a stretch 4. If he doesn't workout there are several other 4s we're in on like Williams, Tillman, and others or a big wing would work too.

At minimum we should have DD, JMor, and most likely OG who can play the 4/backup 5. Hopefully add Bamba/Richards and Jackson.

We desperately need a wing scorer. Wilkes would play that role perfect. Go all in! Tucker, Smith, Vanderbilt would also be in this category although behind Wilkes.

Should have OG, JMor, or if in a 3 guard lineup Durham or RoJo should be able to defend most college 3s. Hopefully add

Wilkes.

The front court would be solid. Might not be the exact rotation but an idea of depth we could have.

C - Bamba/Richards, DD, MSB

PF - DD, Jackson, JMor

SF - OG, Wilkes

We really don't need too much in the backcourt. I would add a true PG with Scruggs if possible or Coleman.

SG - JBJ, CuJo, Durham, Gelon

PG - RoJo, Green, Scruggs

This is just a dream lineup as I don't think we get a class of Bamba, Jackson, Wilkes, Durham, and Scruggs but dammit I can dream. I do believe that a guard will get frustrated with playing time and transfer.