Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sam_Boger

James Blackmon Declares

Scorned girlfriend. .

You guys are the best.

Anyone that can honestly say JBs career has been about winning basketball versus getting to the NBA hasn't watched the same 2.5 years of basketball I've watched.

Anyway, I hope more than anything he does make the NBA when the time is right. I don't blame him for "testing the waters". It just falls in line with everything I've seen so far.

He is super talented and I think he can do big things if the focus is right. That's all.

Anyone knocking on his decision should be ashamed. I hope you never do anything to try to advance in your career or put yourself in a situation to better your chances to do so. This provides some valuable input from nba scouts and execs at the nba combine. Always have to try to get better.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I only disagree with this decision, because he just came off a serious injury. I'd be all for this if it made sense for him, but its probably not in his best interest to be competing in as intense workouts that will be coming. Hopefully he stays healthy through this. If I was him I would've used this time to get back to full strength. Good luck JBJ

1 hour ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I only disagree with this decision, because he just came off a serious injury. I'd be all for this if it made sense for him, but its probably not in his best interest to be competing in as intense workouts that will be coming. Hopefully he stays healthy through this. If I was him I would've used this time to get back to full strength. Good luck JBJ

Wait, what workouts has this decision subjected him to?

I was actually surprised it took him this long to declare. Figured everyone who was at least somewhat a next level prospect, including TB, would at least test the waters. But oh well, at least he has finally declared and can get some good feedback to see where he needs to work on his game.

I think in the future we will see a lot of these types of players enter the draft. The lure of big money is going to be a strong incentive. They see themselves driving around in an expensive new car and living a jet set lifestyle and its irresistible.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Interesting tweet.

Interesting about Blackmon and NBA. Great talent for IU but great chemistry? If he stays which championship is he playing for? NBA or NCAA

I have similar thoughts. But then again, I felt the same about Yogi at this time last year and he surprised me by leading the team to a conference championship.

Interesting tweet.

Steve Risley@srisley34 8h8 hours ago Fishers, IN

Interesting about Blackmon and NBA. Great talent for IU but great chemistry? If he stays which championship is he playing for? NBA or NCAA

Yep.

Always looked at him as an I-ME-MINE kind of player.

I still don't think it was any accident that the team got better with him out.

I personally think it's a smart move.  Any kid with NBA aspirations should declare with the new rules just to get feedback.  It will help them in the long run on what they need to improve to achieve their dreams.  JBJ isn't dumb.  He knows that there's no chance of him getting drafted this year after his injury but maybe it'll light a fire in him to realize just how much he has to improve defensively this next season to achieve his goal.  

I'm not shocked or upset he's pursuing this.....just not sure what happened over 13 games and an injury that will change from last year?

NBA: "stop hurting your knees and play better defense....oh, and growing 3 more inches and better ball-handling wouldn't hurt either"

13 hours ago, hoosierpap said:

Wait, what workouts has this decision subjected him to?

Lol so you think he's not gonna workout for any team? Why even do it if you don't plan on at least offering teams what you look like now after another severe injury. If his interest is real, which declaring makes that very obvious, he will be involved in some kind of workouts or every team he talks to is gonna say show us your healthy first if your even considering someone using a draft pick on you this year. Direct feedback is key, but their going off pretty much the same things he was told last year with only having played an extra half season. I didn't think a workout schedule for him was needed to state the obvious. If he doesn't workout, great that means he will be back for sure. 

2 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Lol so you think he's not gonna workout for any team? Why even do it if you don't plan on at least offering teams what you look like now after another severe injury. If his interest is real, which declaring makes that very obvious, he will be involved in some kind of workouts or every team he talks to is gonna say show us your healthy first if your even considering someone using a draft pick on you this year. Direct feedback is key, but their going off pretty much the same things he was told last year with only having played an extra half season. I didn't think a workout schedule for him was needed to state the obvious. If he doesn't workout, great that means he will be back for sure. 

The NBA team has to invite you for the workout...

7 hours ago, hoosierpap said:

The NBA team has to invite you for the workout...

Well if he goes through this process and doesn't do a single workout outside of IU, then I will agree with you. 99.9% sure if he wants any chance for solid feedback he will work out for scouts he wouldn't if he didn't declare or a team he wouldn't if he wouldn't have declared. Like I said if he just declares and sits at home waiting for people to call him lol I don't get why he would've done it in the first place, so if you do end up being right it shows how bad of a decision this was. He will be back, so there really isnt a need to waste the thumb muscles to argue this. My points are common sense for any prospect that is declaring and actually serious, which I'm sure JBJ is.