Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Berghoosier

Camion Patrick Torn ACL

If its a partial tear then 5-6 months sounds right.

I'm not a doctor, but from my understanding a partial tear is a severe sprain that can heal on its own without surgery. Whether it's a compete tear or not, if surgery is required the rehab is significant. I'm skeptical of the timeline given but I hope I'm wrong.

Sounds like a similar situation to James Blackmon's partial ACL tear. We didn't know what the injury was for awhile but later found out it required surgery. ACL tears should be easy to diagnose.

11 hours ago, akhosrof said:

I'm not a doctor, but from my understanding a partial tear is a severe sprain that can heal on its own without surgery. Whether it's a compete tear or not, if surgery is required the rehab is significant. I'm skeptical of the timeline given but I hope I'm wrong.

Sounds like a similar situation to James Blackmon's partial ACL tear. We didn't know what the injury was for awhile but later found out it required surgery. ACL tears should be easy to diagnose.

Well it depends upon how severe the tear of the ACL is. But yes, some partial ACL tears can require surgery.

Well it depends upon how severe the tear of the ACL is. But yes, some partial ACL tears can require surgery.

Thanks. The more I think about the recovery time line, the more I'm convinced the ACL was badly sprained and the surgery was simply a scope to clean up the collateral cartilage damage and possibly give a platelet injection. A graft is not needed and the intact ACL heals on its own. Knee scopes can be exploratory surgeries so it makes sense that CKW didn't know how severe the injury was until after surgery. The MRI would have picked up damage if there was a significant tear.

If this was a traditional ACL tear surgery that required a graft, no way it would be a 5-6 month recovery. Also, ACL tear surgeries usually do not occur until weeks after the actual injury for swelling to go down. So these are all good signs that Camion could be back in September/October.