Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Troy Williams Decision

None of them would have been lottery picks. VO was not projected as even a first round pick after his sophomore year. Cody was projected as a mid-to-late first rounder after his freshmen year. Neither TB or OG have been projected as lottery picks this year. OG might have gone undrafted, certainly a 2nd rounder if he declared. 

I don't love Troy's game, but how is he any different than the above guys? He's been here 3 years, and is reportedly graduating this year. 

Huh? Vic wasn't much of a prospect after his Sophomore year but Cody was a lock in the lottery after his freshman year. You don't go from being a possible mid to late first rounder abs start the next season as one of the Top 5 prospects.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Meh. I thought he had a ton of potential as a freshman. But now... low potential player. Should try playing WR.

Absurd. We can disagree. I admit he makes some boneheaded plays but his potential is still sky high as proven by "Good Troy". Eliminate more "Bad Troy" and you have something special. Will it ever happen? Idk.

Absurd. We can disagree. I admit he makes some boneheaded plays but his potential is still sky high as proven by "Good Troy". Eliminate more "Bad Troy" and you have something special. Will it ever happen? Idk.

I'm talking about his potential on an overall level. NBA level. Not college level.

Why didn't we ever throw Troy lobs on the baseline? Didn't really utilize him as well as we could of. I saw a lot of reverse layups and acrobatic moves but not as many alley oops as I thought for a guy with his hops.

too much dribbling out front for my taste!

Good luck to the young man and I hope his NBA aspirations come true. I don't expect him to return and I think t could be a win win for both Troy and the team next season. 

That's a good question.. I remember Kentucky had a set play for back door lobs for John Wall... that'd work perfect for Troy.

If I were a GM my biggest concern would be if Troy can guard ANYONE.

Not convinced he can. Offensively he could be unstoppable with a more consistent jumper. His length and speed and athleticism is very unique.

Yea... I know people think that there isn't defense in the NBA.. but those are the people who don't watch lol. I don't understand how Troy is so bad at defense.

If I were a GM my biggest concern would be if Troy can guard ANYONE.

Not convinced he can. Offensively he could be unstoppable with a more consistent jumper. His length and speed and athleticism is very unique.

Troy's length is average at best.

8 hours ago, X-Hoosier said:

Huh? Vic wasn't much of a prospect after his Sophomore year but Cody was a lock in the lottery after his freshman year. You don't go from being a possible mid to late first rounder abs start the next season as one of the Top 5 prospects.

Cody was not a lock for the lottery after his freshmen year. He had a chance, but wasn't a lock. The reason he went from mid-first rounder to lottery lock in 2013 was because 2013 is going to go down as one of the worst drafts in the history of the NBA. It's a horrendous draft. In most drafts Cody is a late lottery to mid first rounder. I think C.J. McCollum is the best player from that draft. There might not be a single All-Star, it was an historically bad draft. 

7 hours ago, X-Hoosier said:

Yea... I know people think that there isn't defense in the NBA.. but those are the people who don't watch lol. I don't understand how Troy is so bad at defense.

Agree completely. The defense and the defensive schemes are so much more advanced in the NBA than they are in college.

8 hours ago, X-Hoosier said:

Meh. I thought he had a ton of potential as a freshman. But now... low potential player. Should try playing WR.

He averaged 13 points and 6 rebounds a game?*

*granted he averaged 2.6 TOs a game but still

I wish he would stay, but I think he is gone. All that money out there has undoubtedly has been on his mind . I think the team will miss his ability to drive to the basket and score and draw fouls. When no one else took the initiative to make something happen he did. He was fearless.

Sorry if this has been touched upon, but is there any chance Troy decides to play his senior year at another school as a graduate transfer? Troy said something along the lines of "no matter what happens I'll always be a Hoosier." Maybe CTC has a hunch on this which is why he's offering a scholarship when one isn't currently open?

Sorry if this has been touched upon, but is there any chance Troy decides to play his senior year at another school as a graduate transfer? Troy said something along the lines of "no matter what happens I'll always be a Hoosier." Maybe CTC has a hunch on this which is why he's offering a scholarship when one isn't currently open?

The "I'll always be a hoosier" was likely if he goes pro. I don't see him staying in school just to transfer, it didn't make any sense for him to do that.

6 hours ago, BGleas said:

Cody was not a lock for the lottery after his freshmen year. He had a chance, but wasn't a lock. The reason he went from mid-first rounder to lottery lock in 2013 was because 2013 is going to go down as one of the worst drafts in the history of the NBA. It's a horrendous draft. In most drafts Cody is a late lottery to mid first rounder. I think C.J. McCollum is the best player from that draft. There might not be a single All-Star, it was an historically bad draft. 

Giannis?