Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Troy Williams Decision

28 minutes ago, bhaggard89 said:

Let's be real, any of us would love to get paid to play basketball. He's a kid chasing a dream. It's easy to judge a kid from your recliner.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He's given us plenty of reasons to judge him in his three years at IU, his on court performance is just a small fraction of them. I don't think any of us are trying to criticize him here, we're just frustrated by all the wasted potential we see in him. It would seem to be a better idea to come back, improve on his weaknesses, and be a first round pick next year than go play in some country where he can't speak the language. I really doubt playing in China was his dream growing up. But I guess if money is the ultimate factor which it seems to be in this situation then by all means he should go and get it in whatever league he can. 

Maybe Bozich is a great guy. But he tweets some of the most negative stuff ever from that high horse he rides around. 

Im glad im not the only one that has noticed that

I grew up with Alex. He's a good dude who comes from a great family. I read over his Twitter and it looks like he's pissed by misinformation. Alex usually doesn't announce, post, or tweet something unless it's absolutely true and he's verified. Others choose the fast and wreck less way of reporting. I believe Alex is fed up with how things are being reported.

9 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I grew up with Alex. He's a good dude who comes from a great family. I read over his Twitter and it looks like he's pissed by misinformation. Alex usually doesn't announce, post, or tweet something unless it's absolutely true and he's verified. Others choose the fast and wreck less way of reporting. I believe Alex is fed up with how things are being reported.

Whether he actually is or not, he definitely comes across as a pompous ******* on twitter.

26 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Ya, I don't know why I felt the need to judge him from tweets but he is the type of person I would unfollow immediately.... if he wasn't so damn good at covering IU basketball. lol

2 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You have 10 days after the combine finishes to pull your name out of the draft, and this is the first year with the rule change so it can't be a trend.

I don't get why you are annoyed that kids are allowed to make more informed decisions about their futures.

Because for him the combine was never about whether or not he was coming back. If it WAS he would be coming back nothing about his combine would indicate he should stay in the draft so for him the choice was already made

And nothing wrong with that just man up and let people know.  Thomas Bryant made his decision possibly prematurely and what did he do  he announced it  

23 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Because for him the combine was never about whether or not he was coming back. If it WAS he would be coming back nothing about his combine would indicate he should stay in the draft so for him the choice was already made

And nothing wrong with that just man up and let people know.  Thomas Bryant made his decision possibly prematurely and what did he do  he announced it  

Why should he "man up" and let people know?  This is his choice and you are not a factor in it.

Just now, mamasa said:

Why should he "man up" and let people know?  This is his choice and you are not a factor in it.

Because not announcing it once it gets made only serves the purpose of getting attention.  which has been a problem with Troy on the court no need to bring it into his business dealings also 

I will say this: we will not have to worry about getting Good Troy or Bad Troy now. It's kind of like losing Hanner last year. It's a quantitative and a qualitative loss, but it takes away a lot of concerns and means we won't be seeing him driving to nowhere.

Don't get me wrong...I admire Williams' talent, and there were times he carried us on the court. But without consistency, he was often a liability.

Good luck to Troy. This is classic addition by subtraction, though. He was a part of the culture problem IU had a couple years ago and I've never understood why he was allowed to remain in the program. I feel really good about the team moving forward as long as JBJ pulls his weight.