Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Troy Williams Decision

Im beginning to get worried Blackmon isn't coming back. We all say what we want about him but this team needs his scoring next year.

That is true that he hasn't said anything. But then again, I haven't heard of him getting any NBA workouts in. But he is "quietly" back.

He's not even near 2 Round material for the NBA right now. Not even D League.

52 minutes ago, Treesh said:

That is true that he hasn't said anything. But then again, I haven't heard of him getting any NBA workouts in. But he is "quietly" back.

He's not even near 2 Round material for the NBA right now. Not even D League.

Didn't he say something in the beginning about expecting to come back but wanting the feedback? I'm sure Crean did.

Troy comes back...we think Priller is then gone but out of no where JBJ decides not to come back and risk another knee injury which would end his NBA dreams...instead his family hires a basketball coach to work with him for the next year and get him ready for next years draft. Calling it now

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

56 minutes ago, Bittersince87 said:

Dam waste of natural talent. If he in the past three years just would have worked on his handle, this guy would have courted by a ton of NBA teams.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Too many years of being a 'star' on the AAU circuit and constantly being told how good you are.  Got to believe that CTC and staff worked on the weak aspects of his game and he either simply didn't think he needed to improve or he's maxed out on his bball ability.

1 hour ago, Bittersince87 said:

Dam waste of natural talent. If he in the past three years just would have worked on his handle, this guy would have courted by a ton of NBA teams.

Yeah, he certainly has improved, just not commensurate with his ability. I think it's more decision making then skill, though. Makes you wonder if that will ever improve.

I think a lot of it is what Troy wants. He's still in the "Sportscenter too 10" play mindset. It doesn't seem like he spent the time learning or practicing the nuances of the game. Troy could easily be an All-America if he cut back on the troyovers and getting out of controy and made the sure play. I do wish him the best whether he returns or stays in the draft. I hate to see anyone not reach their potential.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it-quote-1.jpg

My final input on this subject before they announce.. 

Troy is silly if he thinks he's ready for the NBA. He's no where near NBA ready. He has a questionable shot with a very low basketball IQ. I mean it in the nicest way, but he needs more development. How he's 21 and still has trouble dribbling the ball as a SF still boggles my mind. He just lacks the basketball fundamentals. Yes he can jump and shoot sometimes, but the NBA requires some basketball IQ. 

Right now, he's a euro-league player. If he wants to make europe money in a place away from his friends and family, so be it. Why not come back, get another year of "development" and exposure and up his chances of getting a guaranteed NBA contract next summer? He could easily take basic classes, party, and play basketball all for free. I find that more attractive than making money in Europe. According to his twitter, money doesn't motivate him... Bottom line, he should come back. NBA scouts all agree and i'm positive all NBA teams have told him the same the past two weeks. He's not even projected in draft lotto's.

As for James Blackmon. He can score, no question about it. But can he move his feet laterally? Can he stay healthy? That's the big questions here. The NBA would love a player to score, but doesn't want to pay a player that can only play 20 games a year. He needs to get 100% healthy, develop his lateral quickness, defense, and scoring off the dribble ability and then maybe he can join the big boys. If he didn't have injury problems, he would easily be a mid second rounder this year, no doubt in my mind. 

They both should come back. I expect Troy to leave and be disappointed come June 25th (maybe not, i don't work for any NBA team) James will be back. We will know by tomorrow night!

@GreggDoyelStar

IU junior Troy Williams staying in the NBA draft, a source close to the former Oak Hill standout told me.

Jeff Rabjohns @JeffRabjohns

Boo Williams says Troy Williams has not made his decision, will tomorrow, the deadline. Expectation is Troy stays in the draft. #iubb

@insidethehall let me just say this .. Troy doesn't want to come back and James doesn't have any other option

Ouch. Sounds like locker room killing stuff there. So much for bringing the team together with that kind of leadership.