Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Troy Williams Decision

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Good God. I hope that article was not written by Indiana University student or graduate. While I wouldn't think it proper to critique grammar and punctuation on a message board, something like this is published, and should be written at least at a high school level.

You need some grammar work yourself lol website is written by highschool and underclass men college students. But then again they're getting paid to write while you are stuck writing on message boards

Minutes per game for a whole season don't have to add up to 200 

Due to injuries. Blackmon for example average X MPG in games he played. Did not play in final 20 games. MPG remains the same.

Generally when estimating minutes played, using 200 minutes is the rule. Injuries, suspensions change everything in regards to MPG cumulatively.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Best wishes for Troy.  In spite of his inconsistency---I will miss him and his rebounding and game-changing ability.  His play in the Notre Dame game alone helped turn that game to our favor and arguably helped turn our entire season around when we were struggling. I hope he gets a chance to dunk on the NBA's elite!

A player that can't shoot, play defense and is a terrible decision maker.. plus he doesn't have much length and isn't an elite athlete.... he has no place in the NBA. Should have came back and tried to play WR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

A player that can't shoot, play defense and is a terrible decision maker.. plus he doesn't have much length and isn't an elite athlete.... he has no place in the NBA. Should have came back and tried to play WR.

I disagree with the athlete part.. Troy is very very athletic.

He did not test elite at the combine. And he didn't appear out of shape as he weighed in around 117.

217? And his body fat was over 10 percent which I'm sure is pretty high for nba level players

More than likely.

Troy will go undrafted this June 23rd. He will play on the Pacers Summer League team this summer, perhaps another teams as well on the west coast. I then assume the Pacers will sign him for their D-League team, the Mad Ants. There, he will make 13K a year and live his "dream". Would help sell some tickets for Mad Ant games , that's for sure.

10 minutes ago, Treesh said:

More than likely.

Troy will go undrafted this June 23rd. He will play on the Pacers Summer League team this summer, perhaps another teams as well on the west coast. I then assume the Pacers will sign him for their D-League team, the Mad Ants. There, he will make 13K a year and live his "dream". Would help sell some tickets for Mad Ant games , that's for sure.

Undrafted and NBA summer league play I can agree with, but I don't see him sticking around to play in the D-League.  He'll be dusting off his passport.

More than likely.

Good for Troy. I hope he proves folk like you wrong. He's going to get paid to play a kids game. That is a dream. That was probably all of our dreams. Don't hate on the kid. Many players make a good living playing elsewhere in this world. I don't see Jordy Hulls taking $hit for playing in Europe where attendance is worse than most little league baseball games. Let the guy live his life. He will have his degree this summer, so it's not like it doesn't have a back up plan.

Good for Troy. I hope he proves folk like you wrong. He's going to get paid to play a kids game. That is a dream. That was probably all of our dreams. Don't hate on the kid. Many players make a good living playing elsewhere in this world. I don't see Jordy Hulls taking $hit for playing in Europe where attendance is worse than most little league baseball games. Let the guy live his life. He will have his degree this summer, so it's not like it doesn't have a back up plan.

Jordy was a four year player that helped rebuild Indiana. A Bloomington kid. Mr. Basketball. Never worried about the pro's and only worried about Indiana basketball. Was an awesome leader. Wasn't in the news at any point for stupid decisions or getting suspended. People think much differently of Jordy than Troy.

50 minutes ago, bhaggard89 said:

Hulls maxed out his basketball abilities. He was never going to play in the NBA no matter how many hours he spent in the gym, Europe was his ceiling. Troy is different because he's capable of much more. He shows flashes but that's it. 

On another note, what are his chances of ever making it to the NBA if he goes overseas instead of the D League? I remember Sean Kilpatrick from Cincinnati was a guy who said he went to the D League instead of Europe where he could make a lot more money because the NBA was his dream. He caught on with Brooklyn this year so I was curious if it's more common for guys to make it to the NBA from Europe or the D League. 

Jordy was a four year player that helped rebuild Indiana. A Bloomington kid. Mr. Basketball. Never worried about the pro's and only worried about Indiana basketball. Was an awesome leader. Wasn't in the news at any point for stupid decisions or getting suspended. People think much differently of Jordy than Troy.

Hulls maxed out his basketball abilities. He was never going to play in the NBA no matter how many hours he spent in the gym, Europe was his ceiling. Troy is different because he's capable of much more. He shows flashes but that's it. 

On another note, what are his chances of ever making it to the NBA if he goes overseas instead of the D League? I remember Sean Kilpatrick from Cincinnati was a guy who said he went to the D League instead of Europe where he could make a lot more money because the NBA was his dream. He caught on with Brooklyn this year so I was curious if it's more common for guys to make it to the NBA from Europe or the D League. 

Both great points

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

4 hours ago, mdn82 said:

I thought he was going to China?

The famous Dirk saying to all rookies "i hope you know mandarin" .

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

In recent years, it's been seen quite a few times where undrafted players land a role on a NBA team and shine. Case in point - Josh Richardson, Jamaychal Green, Sean Kilpatrick. It could happen for Troy.. all is takes is one team to like you.