Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Troy Williams Decision

If you get housing plus a per diem on top of your $13 - 25k contract, that's really not terrible considering housing is usually around 1/3 of an individual's after-tax expenses. Plus, per diems are not taxed, and more than cover a daily food expenditure. If they get to pocket per diem, like some consultants, that's another few thousand a year.

It is not bad money but also no where near the cash Troy's mom has made obvious she wants. He needs to return and work hard next season and get drafted imo.

13K a year with little to no chance to get a call up or free college with a chance to win a championship.

The choice is too obvious

He has a degree already. Also could get a couple 100k per season oversees. A 10 year career in China will net you more than you will with your degree in most cases.

He just needs to come back. Even overseas, he won't be a premier player. The systems will expose him badly in my opinion. He really only works in an offense with guidelines and loose principals like Creans. He has chosen to make a name for himself by making highlight plays (and failing often) instead of just being a trustworthy and reliable resource on the court.

I guess I think he has spent most of his last 2 years just practice the sprinting away from the right side of the cup sky hook, bank shot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, IUsafety said:

Troy is shooting 75% from the three point line at the combine. I wouldn't draft him either but what kind of percentage do you have to hit for it to be considered a good decision to take a three?

My guess is he took bad threes that happened to go in. 

Troy is shooting 75% from the three point line at the combine. I wouldn't draft him either but what kind of percentage do you have to hit for it to be considered a good decision to take a three?

Troy doesn't really have a shooting motion that can be replicated.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On May 13, 2016 at 7:54 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Chad Ford:  The All-Go-Back-To-School Team: Melo Trimble, Nigel Hayes, Caleb Swanigan, Marcus Lee, Dedric Lawson, Troy Williams, Justin Jackson.

Except for Trimble and Hayes. They need to go!

15 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

How many Steph Curry 3s are bad shots? If you are shooting 75% there is no reason not to take a "bad three".. If you are consistently making them it stops being considered a bad shot.

10 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

How many Steph Curry 3s are bad shots? If you are shooting 75% there is no reason not to take a "bad three".. If you are consistently making them it stops being considered a bad shot.

DING DING DING DING

Can't hit 75% of your threes over two days on luck alone. People really have not given Troy enough credit for his improved shooting. Freshman Troy had an awful shot, but he's put in the work and has actually developed a respectable perimeter shot.

DING DING DING DING

Can't hit 75% of your threes over two days on luck alone. People really have not given Troy enough credit for his improved shooting. Freshman Troy had an awful shot, but he's put in the work and has actually developed a respectable perimeter shot.

And Troy now has an awful shot. His mechanics are awful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Troy Williams | SF | Indiana Hoosiers

Instead of trying to show scouts he can play within an offense and make good decisions, Williams was his wildly unpredictable self. He was out on the floor chucking shots with abandon, not particularly looking for teammates and generally tried to do too much. He also didn't test at the elite level athletically many around the league anticipated and has relatively short arms.

There's definitely a player within his package of skills but he must get his more wild tendencies under control. But right now, it's tough to see a team investing a draft pick in him.

Link to article

Certainly not a very good endorsement.

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

When people are saying Troy shot 75 percent is that just from four shots or is there a larger sample size. 

It was actually on just one shot!

It went 3/4 of the way down, and then spun out harmlessly. Troy got the rebound and quickly threw up a no-look, hyper-speed, over the shoulder pass/shot that hit Larry Bird, who was seated in the third row, in the nuts. 

:92: