Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Troy Williams Decision

24 minutes ago, nathancomp4 said:

I don't think Troy is that important to the team if he doesn't want to be on the team. I know he has a lot of talent but I'd rather have guys that want to be playing FOR Indiana.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

There's not a guy on the team that would be playing "For Indiana" if they were projected as lottery picks in this draft. 

The NBA decision, for the most part, isn't about wanting or not wanting to be on the team, it's about realizing a dream and setting up your family financially. 

There's not a guy on the team that would be playing "For Indiana" if they were projected as lottery picks in this draft. 

The NBA decision, for the most part, isn't about wanting or not wanting to be on the team, it's about realizing a dream and setting up your family financially. 

Oladipo? Zeller? TB and OG next year? All could be/have been lottery picks and I can promise you they were playing for Indiana.

Oladipo? Zeller? TB and OG next year? All could be/have been lottery picks and I can promise you they were playing for Indiana.

And Troy wasn't? You can't get on Troy for a lot of things, but playing hard for this team isn't one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, sirhoosierlot said:

And Troy wasn't? You can't get on Troy for a lot of things, but playing hard for this team isn't one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

In my opinion playing hard for this team would be one of them.

Just now, nathancomp4 said:

None of them would have been lottery picks. VO was not projected as even a first round pick after his sophomore year. Cody was projected as a mid-to-late first rounder after his freshmen year. Neither TB or OG have been projected as lottery picks this year. OG might have gone undrafted, certainly a 2nd rounder if he declared. 

I don't love Troy's game, but how is he any different than the above guys? He's been here 3 years, and is reportedly graduating this year. 

My question is this. If he graduates, how does he play for us next year without being part of a grad program? He has to be enrolled, right? Our grad school standards are pretty high.

18 minutes ago, jsprigler said:

My question is this. If he graduates, how does he play for us next year without being part of a grad program? He has to be enrolled, right? Our grad school standards are pretty high.

If he didn't get into a grad school on campus, he could always begin another undergraduate degree program.

18 minutes ago, jsprigler said:

Could he just take whatever classes he wanted? Like start on a 2nd Degree or something? I don't know the NCAA rules surrounding it but I would think he would be able to go after dual degrees or something if he so desired.

54 minutes ago, jsprigler said:

If he wanted to come back for a one year graduate degree, don't you think the school would find a way for him to get in? I find it hard to believe that the grad degrees aren't alternate routes like the undergrad athlete programs.

1 hour ago, nathancomp4 said:

Please tell me people aren't already making predictions that OG is a lottery pick next year, cause he isn't. 

25 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

What kind of money does an early to mid second round pick make?

Depends on the team and the agent selling his player to the franchise. At this point, he needs to land a guaranteed contract to make any money next year. 

Let's say he gets drafted with the 40th overall pick. I assume if the team really like hims, he would get a 2 year team deal around 1.4.-1.8 million dollars. If that happens, he will most likely start out with the teams D-League squad while still making that big guaranteed contract money.

If he goes undrafted, then he obviously can't come back to school.His best hope would be to land a summer league team invitation and impress there. 

I'm a huge Lakers fan and i wouldn't be surprised if we brought him and Yogi in for a summer workout. I think last year we brought in around 30-40 guys. 

30 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Assuming a guaranteed roster spot for the season. Somewhere in the mid-to-high six figures. 

Isn't that likely going to change with the projected cap boom that NBA teams are about to experience? 

17 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Isn't that likely going to change with the projected cap boom that NBA teams are about to experience? 

Potentially, but I wouldn't expect it to change too much. I think most of the new money will go to vets, not 2nd round rookies.

2 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Evidently the rookie contracts are staying the same with the salary cap going up.