Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

rebelhoosier848891

Harrison Niego Appreciation Thread

2 hours ago, NRT137 said:

I love his energy and enthusiasm in post game interviews, he really answered questions well.

I agree.  Harrison will have a very positive influence on all the folks he comes in contact with through out the rest of his life.  I'm personally a little disappointed that he will not be wearing the candy stripes, yet stoked for what is ahead for this fine young gentleman.  Thanks for the spark that you have brought to this team Harrison!

Anyone think this was the plan all along for him? It's a win-win for crean and niego. We didn't have a backup point guard and was insurance for crean and niego gets the exposure of a bluebood program and can test the waters when the season ends? Whatever the reason happy for niego as he should have no trouble finding a mid major school that wants him

Harrison, I'm not gonna lie, when you lined up at the scorers table against Wisconsin, I was yelling at my TV that Crean was crazy. I doubt I'm alone either. You proved me wrong though, you rocked it and gave us your all. I will happily eat this crow because I'm proud to have you wear the candy stripes. Go get 'em Niego.

Sorry to see you go, Mr. N., but you deserve to play more and with RoJo, Blackmon, Jones, Newkirk, Green and Gelon (not to mention Morgan's work at the point and Troy possibly returning too) your playing time as a Hoosier would have required a lot of issues/injuries. So if you want playing time and a scholarship -- both of which you proved you deserved in your freshman year -- moving on makes sense. Hoosier Nation loved you when you were here, and we'll be cheering for you wherever you go (at least until we meet up with you in the NCAA Tournament).