Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2016) PG William McDowell-White to Fresno St

I can definitely see why he's on the radar. I don't think anyone is departing but a couple were hurt last year and things could depeat themselves. Plus, this kid is likely a can't miss opportunity. JBJ will for sure be gone after this year. Lastly, great guard play wins championships!

57 minutes ago, IUsince1980 said:

I can definitely see why he's on the radar. I don't think anyone is departing but a couple were hurt last year and things could depeat themselves. Plus, this kid is likely a can't miss opportunity. JBJ will for sure be gone after this year. Lastly, great guard play wins championships!

How's he doing in this Nike Hoop Summit?

Where is JBJ going after this upcoming season?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

To anyone who knows, what are his skills in comparison to Dellavedova and Dante Exum? (Australian and similar in size/position)

Just because he is Australian he has to be compared to other Australians? hahah

I've watched the whole game to get a gauge on this kid. 

1. Great size for the PG position

2. Not overly athletic I would say average

3. Shot mechanics need work

4. Great ball handler, only guy that's been able to consistently bring it up without trouble

5. Very unselfish

6. Great passer

7. Hustles on D & seems like an above average defender

8. Great basic instincts.

9. Shot needs work

Overall I would take this kid in a heart beat not because of how skilled he is now, but how skilled he can become. The USA is so much better than the World team its hard to go off this game, but from it I like the kid and feel like he could give us a solid 10-15 mpg next year and be a star down the road. I really like the kid and how he plays. He just needs some work and depending on how quick he picks things up he could surprise us this year if he chooses us even w all our guards. I say he is a 3 yr guy wherever he goes.

Edited by Yogi's Picnic Basket
Needed to add something

4 minutes ago, Kepner said:

1 minute ago, biteoftheapple said:

The game is not at all competitive. Usa winning handily.

Exactly why its hard to go off of just this game. Some people have him as a five star so he could show a lot more other times, but from this game its hard to tell. The USA team's worst player would be the worlds second best beside Ayton who has even struggled against all this talent the USA has. One thing is 100% certain, this class is stocked w talent.

8 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

How's he doing in this Nike Hoop Summit?

**** me he was at the Nike Hoop Summit? I had to miss it because of a wedding so that's a serious serious bummer. It was like 10 bucks to sit practically courtside.

**** me he was at the Nike Hoop Summit? I had to miss it because of a wedding so that's a serious serious bummer. It was like 10 bucks to sit practically courtside.

USA thumped. "Walter White" finished -25 +\-. Pretty bad stats too.

Looked better than his stats showed but there were about 8-10 players on the U.S. Team I wish we had.

This game was so overmatched, hard to really gauge a passing PG from it.

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

USA thumped. "Walter White" finished -25 +\-. Pretty bad stats too.

Looked better than his stats showed but there were about 8-10 players on the U.S. Team I wish we had.

This game was so overmatched, hard to really gauge a passing PG from it.

I hate when these games end up like this. The whole goal is to finally see these players against real competition.

I've watched the whole game to get a gauge on this kid. 

1. Great size for the PG position

2. Not overly athletic I would say average

3. Shot mechanics need work

4. Great ball handler, only guy that's been able to consistently bring it up without trouble

5. Very unselfish

6. Great passer

7. Hustles on D & seems like an above average defender

8. Great basic instincts.

9. Shot needs work

Overall I would take this kid in a heart beat not because of how skilled he is now, but how skilled he can become. The USA is so much better than the World team its hard to go off this game, but from it I like the kid and feel like he could give us a solid 10-15 mpg next year and be a star down the road. I really like the kid and how he plays. He just needs some work and depending on how quick he picks things up he could surprise us this year if he chooses us even w all our guards. I say he is a 3 yr guy wherever he goes.

Pretty much this. He's not as good as Exum was out of HS, but he would be solid to have next year. His size and IQ would really help this squad out. Not to mention if our guards go down with major injuries , he would be there to take their place.

Say he comes

ROJO-White-Green

Blackmon-Jones-Gelon

Troy-Collin-Gellon

OG-Davis-Collin-Morgan

Byrant-Davis-Morgan

Wow...

Pretty much this. He's not as good as Exum was out of HS, but he would be solid to have next year. His size and IQ would really help this squad out. Not to mention if our guards go down with major injuries , he would be there to take their place.

Say he comes

ROJO-White-Green

Blackmon-Jones-Gelon

Troy-Collin-Gellon

OG-Davis-Collin-Morgan

Byrant-Davis-Morgan

Wow...

A lot of people are sleeping on Newkirk. Watch his highlights. He's going to be an excellent slash and dish type pg, which should play quite well with our shooters and bigs.

3 hours ago, bhaggard89 said:

A lot of people are sleeping on Newkirk. Watch his highlights. He's going to be an excellent slash and dish type pg, which should play quite well with our shooters and bigs.

Thank you!! I was about to say the same. Newkirk is gonna surprise a lot of people on this board. His stats weren't great at Pitt, but that offense didn't fit his skills. He will thrive here and I feel like he will play a lot of minutes. I'm excited for him to finally show Hoosier Nation what he has.