Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IndyHutch

IU Basketball: Who is leaving? Who is staying?

35 minutes ago, dalton26 said:

I think Troy is coming back.

I think he'll be back too, because I don't think execs will be falling all over themselves trying to get him to come out.

I don't think we have a player that fills the slasher type player that he is. I think he's be a major asset on next years team. Push us over-the-top type asset.

44 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I think he'll be back too, because I don't think execs will be falling all over themselves trying to get him to come out.

I don't think we have a player that fills the slasher type player that he is. I think he's be a major asset on next years team. Push us over-the-top type asset.

Not only that, but would you rather have a player that is a known quantity that could improve even more or an unknown Juco? Not that those are the only 2 options, but that makes it pretty simple to me. I like the very little I know about McSwain or even the Aussie, but Troy has proven he can be a difference maker. Let's hope his Sr Season brings consistency.

7 minutes ago, HoosierRob said:

If Troy gets any kind of positive feedback he is gone.

Define positive feedback? First round. Actually drafted?  It's crazy just the scope his evaluations could run  my guess is his best case scenario is mid second round  is that positive feedback?

Btw saw on another board that Troy has academic issues and he will most certainly not be back. Granted this was from a fanbase that doesn't know the meaning of the word graduate. 

I still think Troy leaves.

He sounded concerned when he said there aren't many seniors drafted in the first round.  If he has his degree in May, there wouldn't be much of a reason for him to return other than to chase a national championship, which he probably cares about less than his future in the NBA (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

He seems like he'll be the type of guy who will ask 100 scouts if they think he should come back or go pro. Even though 99 of them will tell him to return, he'll listen to that 1 guy telling him to go pro.  Sometimes you only take the advice you want to hear.

Question: Since, TW is graduating....Can he still play as a walk on and they give the scholarship to someone else? That is...if he doesn't make the NBA.

A few hurdles but he would ultimately have to pay his own way if he did. Why would he want to do that.

I want him back--but I think he's gone.

He may have been inconsistent--but he led us to wins we would not have had without him. He and Yogi were the only two who could consistently break down defenses and get to the hoop and at least draw fouls late in games. Troy shot a ton of free throws.  We will also miss his rebounding. He and Bryant were basically tied in boards.

I will also miss his sportscenter highlight plays---which he seemed to turn in at least one per game.

We will support you in whatever you decide Troy----but ask Yogi---sometimes it's worth it to come back for that senior year. Banner #6 has to be tempting!