Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Derby Festival Classic - April 14/15 @ 7 pm ET

I saw Davis was in it on twitter, so that's gonna be nice to get a feel for their talent better. Last years roster was stacked, so I expect some great kids to be involved again this year. I'm more anxious to see how Gelon plays more than anyone as I think the other 3 are very solid, but Gelon's senior year was very up and down for a kid coming to IU. He will strictly be used as a shooter if he sees the floor next year, but think he could be a solid defender with his length. Only time will tell though.

Rosters out.

Brad Calipari (G) 6-0 / Kentucky
Curtis Jones (G) 6-4 / Indiana
De’Riante Jenkins (F) 6-5 / VCU
De’Ron Davis (F) 6-10 / Indiana
Derek Funderburk C 6-9 / Ohio St.
Eron Gordon (G) 6-2 / Undecided
Eli Wright (G) 6-4 / Mississippi St.
Tyler Sharpe (G) 6-1 / Louisville
James Banks (C) 6-10 / Texas
Jaylen Fisher (G) 6-2 / UNLV
Joey Brunk (C) 6-10 / Butler
Mario Kegler (F) 6-7 / Mississippi St.
Mark Vital (F) 6-5 / Baylor
Matthew Moyer (F) 6-7 / Syracuse
Micah Thomas (F) 6-7 / Maryland
Mustapha Heron (G) 6-5 / Auburn
Quentin Goodin (G) 6-3 / Xavier
Temple Gibbs (G) 6-3 / Notre Dame
Terrance Ferguson (G) 6-6 / Undecided
Jarron Cumberland (G) 6-4 / Cincinnati

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

So many Indiana recruited kids on that roster.

IU: Jones, Davis

Others: Brunk, Gordon, Fisher, Kegler, Goodin, Jenkins, Wright and maybe Moyer.

No Gelon or Green?

Maybe Gelon will be a late addition, but Green is playing in the Jordan Brand regional game on the 15th.

Stoked about adding these two to an already really good team. It might be a small thing but to hear CuJo answer the question about having a similar game to JBJ got me pumped. Extremely humble answer and seems to have a quiet confidence about his game. If we have the right leaders step up next season we could be really good!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Did Gordon look as good as Cujo? I know he was MVP... eye test

To be honest, I thought he looked very good. Scored a lot of easy baskets but he hustled all over the floor on both sides of the ball. He rebounds very well and has good awareness on defense. He deserved the MVP award.

10 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Stoked about adding these two to an already really good team. It might be a small thing but to hear CuJo answer the question about having a similar game to JBJ got me pumped. Extremely humble answer and seems to have a quiet confidence about his game. If we have the right leaders step up next season we could be really good!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I liked the humbleness as well.  I found humor in the way he spoke of Thomas vocally staying on guys from the back of a zone defense and man to man.  Curtis spoke of Thomas being such a voice on the court.  Thomas might be someone who fills part of the leadership core next year.

On 4/16/2016 at 11:13 PM, IUsafety said:

Surprised the heck out of me by hitting three corner threes. He was probably the least talented player on the floor. Toss up between him and the kid going to UofL, who didn't even score.

Just curious. Talked to a couple UK fans who werent happy with him getting a scholly.