Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

X-Hoosier

Looking to next season

Rob

JBJ

Hartman

OG

TB

6. Newkirk

7. DeRon Davis

8. Morgan

9. CuJo

10. Freddie

11. Green

12. Priller

13. Gelon

We need to find our best 8-9 and tighten up rotation. Guard competition is legit. I could see Green or CuJo deserving good minutes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Way too early starting 5's? Let's see em.

Mine looks like this:

G - Rob Johnson

G - Blackmon

F - OG

F - Hartman

F/C - Bryant

I think there is a chance Davis/Newkirk/Morgan start some games. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Davis develops into an every game starter. But I think this is the best 5 to start the season.

Now that we know who's staying and who's going I feel pretty good about next year. Last year I think a lot of the struggles stemmed from the fact that we had two fairly bad to mediocre defenders on the floor at once. When there was only one we could hide him on that end. Unfortunately it made JBJ look like the main issue, unfairly I think. We'll have a really good defensive core next year with an elite scoring threat on offense. Bring on bball season. And good luck to Troy! I'd kill to get paid to play basketball as a job even if it was internationally.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There were lineups early in the season with 3 defenders that were bad and Yogi not giving it his all on defense. Yogi bought in and started sitting down and defending, JBJ went down with injury, Z3 was working is butt off throughout the season and improved, and Troy was chasing waterfalls. I expect IU to be solid to great on defense this coming season.

Rob

JBJ

Hartman

OG

TB

6. Newkirk

7. DeRon Davis

8. Morgan

9. CuJo

10. Freddie

11. Green

12. Priller

13. Gelon

We need to find our best 8-9 and tighten up rotation. Guard competition is legit. I could see Green or CuJo deserving good minutes.

Agreed about the best 8-9 and stuck with it but we both know that won't happen. I hate to say it but CuJo could be next seasons OG/JMor if someone goes down with an injury.

Way too early starting 5's? Let's see em.

Mine looks like this:

G - Rob Johnson

G - Blackmon

F - OG

F - Hartman

F/C - Bryant

I think there is a chance Davis/Newkirk/Morgan start some games. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Davis develops into an every game starter. But I think this is the best 5 to start the season.

I liked hearing Davis say Crean told him to work on his trail and corner threes. I get the feeling we'll see more DD/TB combos than Maximus/TB last season. I guess a lot of that will depend on DD's outside shot and how JMor and Freddie defend backup bigs.

Starters (non-con)

RoJo

JBJ

Hartman

OG

TB

Newkirk, CuJo, Green

DD, JMor, Freddie

#benchmob

Gelon, Priller

B1G is WAY stronger than it was proposed to be at season's end.

Trimble returns.

Andrew White returns

Swanigan returns

Hayes returns

Pod 1

Wisconsin, IU, MSU

Pod 2

OSU, Maryland, Purdue, Michigan,

Pod 3

Illinois, PSU, NW, Nebraska, Iowa

Pod 4

Minnesota

Pod 5

Rutgers

I could see any team in the first 2 pods challenging for B1G lead. Wouldn't be shocked.

OSU needs to mature and play as team

Purdue lacks playmaking backcourt but has one of the best front courts and shooters.

Maryland loses star power but still has a lot to offer. Trimble makes them relevant.

Michigan has the pieces and is maturing. Lacks top end talent.

Maryland will be an interesting one. They lose 4 of 5 starters, but do have Nickens and Dodd back, and Wiley missed all last year with a knee injury so he'll be back. They also have 4 4* recruits coming in. They could be a big surprise, or it could be much like our 13-14 season. 

37 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Maryland will be an interesting one. They lose 4 of 5 starters, but do have Nickens and Dodd back, and Wiley missed all last year with a knee injury so he'll be back. They also have 4 4* recruits coming in. They could be a big surprise, or it could be much like our 13-14 season. 

I'd sell on Maryland's chances. 

On the other hand, Ohio State is returning their top six scorers, and there's some serious talent among those six guys. Expect them to be back in the top five (or so) of the league.

On May 25, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Bittersince87 said:

Everything depends on two factors. 1) Blackmon decides to play some form of defense, and if DD can be a solid bench piece. We need to hurt other teams inside.

You can scheme around one guy not playing D. We did last year with Troy most if not all games. 

Just need Blackmon to still be the scoring machine he has been. *fingers crossed*

On May 27, 2016 at 10:08 AM, X-Hoosier said:

I feel like we should see more dunks. Newkirk, OG, Juwan, Bryant, DD...that's 5 we can play at once... would be an interesting lineup at least

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Crean would probably rather give up Diet Coke, than to play that lineup. 

Interesting for sure.. and towering, but too slow for style. 

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:44 AM, Stuhoo said:

I'd sell on Maryland's chances. 

On the other hand, Ohio State is returning their top six scorers, and there's some serious talent among those six guys. Expect them to be back in the top five (or so) of the league.

O$U is tough to project. Was their inconsistency from youth & inexperience or internal problems? Lyle is obviously talented, but is he flaky too? They had a lot of guys leave, but bring back a lot too. Personally, I'm rooting for selfishness and inter-personal strife to tear their program apart.

This seems like the right place to state, I hate Ohio State for lots of reasons, including Thad Matta's enormous, disfigured nose. I realize it's childish to mock someone for physical attributes, but it's so grotesque and unnatural I can't help but recoil in fear and loathing at his appearance. The elephant man would be horrified by that monstrosity jutting off  Matta's face.  

Crean would probably rather give up Diet Coke, than to play that lineup. 

Interesting for sure.. and towering, but too slow for style. 

I have no idea why you'd play a lineup just for more dunks. Crean would think of doing a Diet Coke keg stand before creating a best dunking lineup.

Hoosier Hysteria should have a pretty good dunk contest this fall. I don't think OG has shown us anything of what he's capable of doing. McFly can get up on that level as well.

56 minutes ago, bhaggard89 said:

Newkirk, JBJ, OG, Hartman, Bryant. Lock it in.

Ummm...Robert Johnson is a two year starter and is, in my opinion, the best guard on the team.

He is far and away the most likely starter of the three primary guards on the team.

Ummm...Robert Johnson is a two year starter and is, in my opinion, the best guard on the team.

He is far and away the most likely starter of the three primary guards on the team.

There is nothing wrong with RJ coming off the bench.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

At the Huber event, Newkirk told someone he was the starting PG. Interesting if true.