Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

X-Hoosier

Looking to next season

I like Chambers but he has done nothing to warrant that job, barely has done enough to keep his job at Penn

I don't consider Pitt a top job by any means. Just a mediocre one. And they'll continue to be mediocre. I think they could have taken the risk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

I like Chambers but he has done nothing to warrant that job, barely has done enough to keep his job at Penn

And I like Chambers too. He has done well against Crean actually(they've won some games against us). And he is actually starting to get talent there. In a situation he is in.. I think you have to look deeper than a record. Be very successful at Penn State in basketball would be like a coach being very successful in Indiana football. It is an almost impossible job.

And I like Chambers too. He has done well against Crean actually(they've won some games against us). And he is actually starting to get talent there. In a situation he is in.. I think you have to look deeper than a record. Be very successful at Penn State in basketball would be like a coach being very successful in Indiana football. It is an almost impossible job.

Pitt is a very mediocre job but I step up from Penn, and yes the play tough at home, but the talent he got this year is all home town guys, which is still an accomplishment, but it's not something I see continuing. Regardless of anyhow situation even Rutgers showed if you don't improve you get fired, Chambers has a couple important years coming up just to stay employed.

I'm not counting Freddie out from having a role. CuJo reminds me of Blackmon. Green is more of a RoJo type. More athletic seeming though.

We need to get CuJo to commit to playing hard. He is a smooth type of player. I hope we can get some grit out of him.

Still wish we would have landed Bruce Brown at guard. He is a bulldog. Super athletic.

I'm hoping Green is a poor mans BB and I think he can be.

Also excited about the teams ability to offensive rebound. There will be lineups that have 5 plus rebounders for their position. TB, DD, and OG could play volleyball on the boards until one of them just throws it down.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

For the first time in forever I'm excited about our front court.

Zeller was tremendous but Watford played like a 3. Neither rebounded great for their height. They were awesome, don't get me wrong. TB isn't a great rebounder yet either. Needs to work on this.

Morgan can and likely will be really good and soon. Lots of potential with size.

And Priller!

For the first time in forever I'm excited about our front court.

Zeller was tremendous but Watford played like a 3. Neither rebounded great for their height. They were awesome, don't get me wrong. TB isn't a great rebounder yet either. Needs to work on this.

Morgan can and likely will be really good and soon. Lots of potential with size.

And Priller!

TB definitely needs to work on rebounding. I believe he will with more time on the court and not picking up cheap fouls.

I don't see a ball dominant wing like Troy on next years roster. If TB and DD can keep the opposing big occupied that will open things up for OG, JMor, and Freddie on the wing. They will need to be efficient for IU to be a top 10 team and a B1G contender.

TB definitely needs to work on rebounding. I believe he will with more time on the court and not picking up cheap fouls.

I don't see a ball dominant wing like Troy on next years roster. If TB and DD can keep the opposing big occupied that will open things up for OG, JMor, and Freddie on the wing. They will need to be efficient for IU to be a top 10 team and a B1G contender.

Blackmon will be end of shot clock shooter this year. Hope we keep the ball moving to find easiest shot. Blackmon being efficient will be key to our offense.

Blackmon will be end of shot clock shooter this year. Hope we keep the ball moving to find easiest shot. Blackmon being efficient will be key to our offense.

Definitely agree with that. I just think we will get a good amount of scoring out of our guards and bigs but to be elite we'll need scoring from the wing. This might be like the second time in the Crean era that the defense is better than the offense.

Y'all forgetting about Newkirk, again. Kids going to be a slasher

Never really hear much about Newkirk in any media report. I think that is why he often gets left out of the conversation. I haven't really heard Anyone talking him up for being very excited about him in the lineup.

Never really hear much about Newkirk in any media report. I think that is why he often gets left out of the conversation. I haven't really heard Anyone talking him up for being very excited about him in the lineup.

Rothstein was doubting him yesterday. Saying he won't be Yogi and was just a change of pace guard at Pitt. Said we are a top 20 team still without Troy. I see us higher but we will see.

Rothstein was doubting him yesterday. Saying he won't be Yogi and was just a change of pace guard at Pitt. Said we are a top 20 team still without Troy. I see us higher but we will see.

1) agree. See us higher than 20 without Troy. I would argue that anyone following the team last year and the the development of our players and transformation of our mindset wouldn't possibly say that.

2) he doesn't have to be Yogi. There is no other Yogi. He was special. Newkirk really needs be solid on both sides of the floor Who knows exactly whom our scorers are.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/25546027/-17-lookahead-top-five-transfers-that-will-have-the-biggest-impact

Interesting that in this column he has him as a top 5 impact transfer