Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

X-Hoosier

Looking to next season

X lacks any tact whatsoever all the time. He/she is purposely controversial. I don't mind though because it's mildly entertaining and I don't take him/her too seriously.

On this topic particularly, it is sadly a stereotypical view that has been around a long time. There is "some" truth to most stereotypes BUT it is not how I choose to view things because of the exceptions.

I think a good conversation can be had regarding this conversation but X has a way of lacking tact and it easily rubs people wrong.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I used to be able to jump. A few years ago I could throw it down. Even at my size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Because we can't read anything on the app?

Good to hear from you Hova! You really think?

I was just commenting on our resident all-star super genius. Being able to read tweets would be cool, too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep. I like the activity.

On a good note, X never seems to attack anyone. Argues or disagrees but doesn't seem to make personal attacks.

That'd be just silly. It is an online forum. It is the internet. I'm here for fun. I may get attacked a lot but I don't really care lol. I'll never go after anyone.

Also some more food for thought.

Our national team dominates (generally) in big part due to athletic and size advantages from mostly African American players. As I said earlier, there is plenty to support the stereotypes.

Looking at the construct of most NBA teams it supports these notions too.

That is not to say that all AA players are athletic and none of the white players are but in general it does support a stereotype.

I think with tact, it's an interesting conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was at once a Hartman Hater. I have grown to appreciate what he offers. Versus some teams he can be a big threat, versus others he could be a liability.

Looking forward to seeing him play healthy.

I don't hate him. Just come to accept what he is. A 5 points a game player that is going to be smart.

I don't hate him. Just come to accept what he is. A 5 points a game player that is going to be smart.

He offers more though. As a shooter, hustler, grit, deceptive ability to drive off the swing, willing to share the ball. Some size. Energy.

Admittedly, he has shown the ability to get worked on D due to lateral quickness (same with most of our team). Usually when him and Blackmon start missing shots I usually start looking at the bench.
Hartman is growing out of that because he does offer more.

Also some more food for thought.

Our national team dominates (generally) in big part due to athletic and size advantages from mostly African American players. As I said earlier, there is plenty to support the stereotypes.

Looking at the construct of most NBA teams it supports these notions too.

That is not to say that all AA players are athletic and none of the white players are but in general it does support a stereotype.

I think with tact, it's an interesting conversation.

AJ Guyton weighs in. Lol. International basketballs rules are built to take away any athletic advantage we may have. Exposes those who have low IQ

On August 16, 2016 at 3:45 PM, HoosierAloha said:

It's nitpicking but I see JMo as more of a 4 than 3.  OG will probably get the nod to defend the 4 unless the opponents 3 is extremely quick and Hartman cannot stay with them.  I see JMo coming in and OG sliding down to the 3.  I have no idea where or what McSwain will be or do.  I believe DD has the ability to play a 4 against a bigger front if we decide to go that route.  I like the flexibility of our front court this season.  I would love to see Bryant and DD moving away from the lane against bigger teams like pu and Wiscy.  I really think we'll have the opportunity to beat some teams by inverting with bigger guards and "bigs" who can shoot from outside.

Good points. Another thing is how much zone will Coach Transfer play? That could change the line up and spots a bit.

Good points. Another thing is how much zone will Coach Transfer play? That could change the line up and spots a bit.

I doubt if we see much zone. I would imagine seeing it only as a change of pace or to hide several minus defenders. He did mention something about pressuring in the backcourt and pushing the ball more. If JN, CuJo, and DG can play defense I'd like to see us pressure the ball more and play the passing lanes. OG and JMo have great defensive instincts.

We did have Jordy. But Zeller and Sheehey weren't stereotypical white guys by any means.

You're a ******* idiot, and since this site isn't managed anymore, shut the **** up.