Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

X-Hoosier

Looking to next season

RoJo / Josh / Jones / Green

James / Jones / Green

OG / Freddie / 

Collin / Davis / Morgan

Byrant / Morgan / Davis

I know i don't have all the players, but i assume those players will play the most and in a rotation like that.

If we get struck by injuries, like i assume we will (it happens every season..) then we might be screwed. This might be our "deepest" team, but we cannot have Rojo, collin, james, josh get hurt again. Should also note Davis already seems to have a wrist issue.. so theres that. 

1 hour ago, Hoosiers219 said:

I would expect this lineup at times. If JBJ is healthy, I think CTC is prone to gravitate to this lineup.

Also, swapping out either JBJ or OG and inserting Hartman.

Newkirk, Rojo, Hartman, OG and Bryant.

Newkirk, Rojo, JBJ, Hartman and Bryant.

I still expect BIG things from DD on the boards and defensively. Would be interesting to see DD and OG or DD and Bryant playing together against the likes of Purdont.

I just think that if you're going to go 3-guard, then you need to go OG, Morgan or Davis at the 4 spot. It's just too small for my liking to have Hartman at the 4 when you're also playing 3 guards. 

Davis is a big upgrade over Hartman. Literally. Davis has 5 or 6 inches on Hartman and probably 8 inches on wingspan. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

All true on measurements, but Hartman is a better basketball player.

If measurements and hs rankings were determinative, Perea would be in the NBA; instead he'll be backing up Peter Jurkin at E. Tennessee State.

I saw jbj two weeks ago and a buddy and I talked to him. I know three surgeries is a lot and I know this may be obvious but he had a tough time walking, I mean a really bad limp, I know the season is a ways away but either way he looked very uncomfortable

FWIW; IUBB posted more 1st week workout pics today.

Among them? JBj doing agility drills in the sand, and JBj clean and jerk with 135 lbs.

Encouraging.

I just think that if you're going to go 3-guard, then you need to go OG, Morgan or Davis at the 4 spot. It's just too small for my liking to have Hartman at the 4 when you're also playing 3 guards. 

I agree, but CTC likes the small ball. I'd love to see Hartman at the 3, but he'll see some run at the 4 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

All true on measurements, but Hartman is a better basketball player.

If measurements and hs rankings were determinative, Perea would be in the NBA; instead he'll be backing up Peter Jurkin at E. Tennessee State.

Perea was ranked off athletic ability and potential. Davis is actually pretty good and I wouldn't doubt it that he's already pretty close to Hartman skill wise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Make a bold statement, walk it back, rinse and repeat.

I like the lineup posted above too. In early noncon I want to see how RoJo runs the team as the lead guard. If RoJo isn't able to run as the starting lead guard JN and RoJo should start in the backcourt with Hartman, OG, and Bryant.

JBJ and CuJo would have a lot of scoring punch for a second unit. JMor is a do everything kind of player that could play alongside that duo in the backcourt.

This team should be deep and be able to handle an injury or two with players out for a few weeks.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

His shots always going to be there... Didn't he have a few games this past season where he went 1-8 or 0-6 from deep?

I believe so and you may have saw in the article, he didn't shoot particularly well in the All-Star game last night.

Freshman starters. 

Cody

Yogi

Troy, Vonleh

JBJ ROJO

Thomas 

obviously, talent galore above.. My point is, CuJo will start imho. Always a freshman starter. 

Where? Is he going to start at point? Over RJ and JBJ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app