Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Declaring early for the draft

9 hours ago, X-Hoosier said:

You'd really want to bet money on that? Well it is a good thing you're not a GM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

You want to bet on things likely to happen. So yes. Yes I would. For all the crap UK fans talk about their first rounders more than their fair share have ended up in the D league. 

Yogi is a better shooter, mid range, 3 wherever you want, Ulis does shoot a nice floater though would like to see him shoot it over guys in the NBA though, I stand by Yogi translates to the pros better. He can create to get a shot off a lot better.

Ulis did play in a extremely weak SEC too. So that's only going to make him look better. In that conference how many "elite" players did he face night in and night out?.....crickets! Can't think of many, if not ANY!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, yogisballin said:

Ulis did play in a extremely weak SEC too. So that's only going to make him look better. In that conference how many "elite" players did he face night in and night out?.....crickets! Can't think of many, if not ANY!

To be fair, he had his way against us. His size (or lack thereof) is really going to hurt him in the NBA though.

2 hours ago, yogisballin said:

Because the Big Ten turned out great players for him to play against night in, night out. And He dominated them every time..... wait. 

The one thing that people don't pay attention to more than anything when it comes to smaller players, is their ability to create offense for themself. Whether they are 5'9 or 6'5 as a PG. Isiah Thomas doesn't let his size bother him, because his ability to create is amazing. Just like there are taller PG's that struggle doing this. Yes, more height has its advantages, but if you are good at creating your own shot than it takes away how important the size of the individual player is. With that said Ulis is purely a better prospect than Yogi for one reason. The talent is close and ulis is younger, so why not go for a kid that has two years of almost identical talent more than the other? Yogi IMO is a good NBA prospect and I think he will be drafted and make a team. His pick and roll game and ability to create shots as well as his range will make him money. I think Ulis is way overrated and should be in the mid 2nd round if I was picking. I think as where they are both projected Yogi will have a bigger impact. Mainly cause he's gonna cost less and there won't be the pressure to immediately succeed, because you spent a lottery pick on him. 

4 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

@goodmanespn

Former UNLV big man

Goodluck Okonoboh heading to NBA Draft.

I just feel bad for players sometimes.  The people they take advice from set them up for failure.

It sucks that the kid has the wrong people in his corner. Smh I loved watching him play and honestly he was one of the most exciting recruits we went after in previous yrs. I hated it when he choose UNLV. IU & OSU would've had this kid in a completely different point right now. I wish the kid the best, but he won't be drafted and likely ruined his chances with this. Should've transferred and continued to get better. Good luck, Goodluck. ;)

MSU fans are upset. Losing Bess/Clark to transfer, Valentine/Forbes/Costello to graduation and Davis to NBA. Great recruiting class. Probably some high end transfers. I generally expect Izzo to figure it out but this year could be interesting to see if Frosh live up to the hype.

Tum Tum and Harris return. Hearing Clark might not transfer now???