Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Declaring early for the draft

16 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Looking more like TB will be the dominant big man in the B1G next year.

Idk about the incoming freshman but there's not even a close second imo. Maybe Happ from Wiscy but other than that really could be a down year for big men in the league. 

31 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

7.5/5.5 for Davis. This is just ridiculous. Kid has tons of talent but never played a dominant game of NCAA. Projected lottery by some. Unreal.

He passes the eye test. Dude moves incredibly well for someone his size. Projects as being a plus defender at 4, if not better than that

6 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

He passes the eye test. Dude moves incredibly well for someone his size. Projects as being a plus defender at 4, if not better than that

This, fluid movement is so important for NBA bigs, gotta be able to guard ball screens and step out to guard the perimeter. He has a ton of potential. I'd take him over a lot of the other 1st round bigs. 

7.5/5.5 for Davis. This is just ridiculous. Kid has tons of talent but never played a dominant game of NCAA. Projected lottery by some. Unreal.

Potential is super high. And like others have said. He is fluid. That is what hurts Bryant. He is still kinda robotic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Jeff Barker @sunjeffbarker

Diamond Stone will depart #Terps by hiring an agent. Melo Trimble will "explore" NBA by assessing draft without an agent

Unless Cekovsky develops over the summer Maryland could really struggle to score in the post. Dodd is a decent defender but doesn't really score that well in the post. Carter would rather take jumpers than post someone up. They could take a significant step back with Stone, Salmon, and Lehman all gone. If Melo leaves they could potentially drop to bottom half of the B1G.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Unless Cekovsky develops over the summer Maryland could really struggle to score in the post. Dodd is a decent defender but doesn't really score that well in the post. Carter would rather take jumpers than post someone up. They could take a significant step back with Stone, Salmon, and Lehman all gone. If Melo leaves they could potentially drop to bottom half of the B1G.

Carter declared for the draft.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Wait, what?! He's good with maybe, possibly, unlikely going in the second round or undrafted? They might be lucky to finish in the 5-7 range and if Melo goes might fall further than that.

He obtained his college degree and it's time for him to start his adult life. That may or may not including being paid to play basketball.

He obtained his college degree and it's time for him to start his adult life. That may or may not including being paid to play basketball.

Can't fault him if he's completed a degree and wants to try I guess. If the NBA doesn't work out he could play overseas for awhile on a pretty good contract. Who does Maryland have coming in? They're losing quite a bit.

Marcus Lee was coached by Calipari for three years, but has to discuss his high school and AAU career in order to show a time he looked elite offensively. Hmm...

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2016/story/_/id/15277523/kentucky-wildcats-forward-marcus-lee-says-plan-enter-nba-draft-not-hiring-agent

Marcus Lee was coached by Calipari for three years, but has to discuss his high school and AAU career in order to show a time he looked elite offensively. Hmm...

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2016/story/_/id/15277523/kentucky-wildcats-forward-marcus-lee-says-plan-enter-nba-draft-not-hiring-agent

Maybe I'm wrong but I've never seen a player credit Calipari with helping him develop his game while at UK....

Maybe I'm wrong but I've never seen a player credit Calipari with helping him develop his game while at UK....

A lot of the players he pays for, err recruits, would have the option to go straight to the league from high school. I'm not sure he develops them in that year as much as he shows them off.

Don't get me wrong, the results over the last handful of years are impressive but think he should have more to show for it with the caliber of players WWW brings in.

A lot of the players he pays for, err recruits, would have the option to go straight to the league from high school. I'm not sure he develops them in that year as much as he shows them off.

Don't get me wrong, the results over the last handful of years are impressive but think he should have more to show for it with the caliber of players WWW brings in.

I should've clarified and said players to stay for more than one year guys to stay two years at least. Again maybe I'm wrong and some have given him credit I just can't really think of any

Where is ex-Hoosier on this one?