Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU "Screw" Kentucky Post Game Victory Thread

I'm going to make it a point to bask in this win over the next few days. Two years ago, we had to watch UK go on that stupid run, hitting miracle shot after miracle shot, and last year they almost ran the table. This year? They'll be watching us from home, and we sent them there. And Purdue? Also watching from home, after suffering an epic choke in the first round. 

If I get bored sometime this week, I'll figure out how many days it's been since UK beat us. I'd probably get a similar number for the last time Purdue won an NCAA game. Good times…good times. 

Kentucky beat us 1459 days ago (March 23, 2012 Sweet Sixteen)

Purdue last won a tourney game 1466 days ago (March 16, 2012 Round of 64)

Kentucky beat us 1459 days ago (March 23, 2012 Sweet Sixteen)

Purdue last won a tourney game 1466 days ago (March 16, 2012 Round of 64)

The way many of us have skewered CTC for lack of past NCAA tournament success, you'd think the PUkers would have tarred and featherd Painter, boiled him in oil and made him run naked through Pigtown barefooted on a bed of nails for his NCAA tournament record.  But then again, they don't have any banners so their expectations are obviously much lower!  :laugh:

One thing I still don't understand is, why in the world was Yogi in-bounding the ball?  I mean, our All American, 80%+, Senior PG is in-bounding the ball to lesser FT shooters (under 70%).  That's why Kentucky got back in the game, we made  like 2-4 or 3-6 free throws to let them back in.  Granted TB ended up being clutch.  But could you imagine if he had missed one of those and Kentucky tied the game and won in OT?  This place would have been lost it.  

One thing I still don't understand is, why in the world was Yogi in-bounding the ball?  I mean, our All American, 80%+, Senior PG is in-bounding the ball to lesser FT shooters (under 70%).  That's why Kentucky got back in the game, we made  like 2-4 or 3-6 free throws to let them back in.  Granted TB ended up being clutch.  But could you imagine if he had missed one of those and Kentucky tied the game and won in OT?  This place would have been lost it.  

You have the guy who is known for making good passes and smart decisions get the ball in. At least that is my guess.

One thing I still don't understand is, why in the world was Yogi in-bounding the ball? I mean, our All American, 80%+, Senior PG is in-bounding the ball to lesser FT shooters (under 70%). That's why Kentucky got back in the game, we made like 2-4 or 3-6 free throws to let them back in. Granted TB ended up being clutch. But could you imagine if he had missed one of those and Kentucky tied the game and won in OT? This place would have been lost it.

Watch the end of the UNI TA&M game where UNI lost the 12 point lead because their senior guard who usually inbounds was injured. Brutal.

CBSsports posted a picture of this after the game. No surprise, a bunch of UK fans were whining about how classless it was for them to post it.

Jeez what a whiny fanbase. I guess getting away with so much cheating just conditions you to think everything should come easy