Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

(5) Indiana vs (4) Kentucky - 3/19 17:15 EST on CBS

I hate when people over simplify things, but given the impact each has on their team, this may just come down to who has the better game...Ferrell or Ullis. 

On defense, I think I would start YF on Murray. Rojo on Ullis, then switch things up when OG comes in and put him on Ullis. We've seen Crean use length on elite PG's to try to change the dynamics. Sometimes showing a player something they haven't seen before can really be effective. If it isn't working, switch to YF on Ullis. Adjust, adjust, adjust.

On my spring break in Venice, FL in my grandma's retirement village (can't say no to Florida for free). Went to breakfast this morning, in my IU gear of course, and saw an old grandpa in a Kentucky shirt. I played nice and politely smiled, he saw my shirt and scowled back. Well Kuck Fentucky and hoo hoo hoo to you, old dude. Go Hoosiers!

I hate when people over simplify things, but given the impact each has on their team, this may just come down to who has the better game...Ferrell or Ullis.

On defense, I think I would start YF on Murray. Rojo on Ullis, then switch things up when OG comes in and put him on Ullis. We've seen Crean use length on elite PG's to try to change the dynamics. Sometimes showing a player something they haven't seen before can really be effective. If it isn't working, switch to YF on Ullis. Adjust, adjust, adjust.

This! Plus it will help if Yogi has fresher legs towards the end of the game. Hoping Zeisloft gets hot from 3 and can knock a few early on. X factor for me is Troy though...if good Troy shows up and doesn't try to drive between three defenders and turn the ball over I think we have a very good chance. Go Hoosiers!!

While I think an argument could be made that TB really gets a ton of phantom calls against him, it's gonna be huge keeping him out of foul trouble. I think Crean needs to pull him early. He simply can't "not" get calls on him. I know he tries, he goes vertical and it's fairly easy for his man to score, at that point, but still manages to get the call on him. 

Yogi is the opposite. Say Yogi has two early, I have no questions about leaving him in. You can see, as a senior, he really knows how to not pick up fouls. 

I was really surprised to see Juwan's foul rate via Kenpom- but whatever- do it. IU needs to use a series of guys in the frontcourt to "share the fouls" and keep TB out of trouble. 

While I think an argument could be made that TB really gets a ton of phantom calls against him, it's gonna be huge keeping him out of foul trouble. I think Crean needs to pull him early. He simply can't "not" get calls on him. I know he tries, he goes vertical and it's fairly easy for his man to score, at that point, but still manages to get the call on him.

Yogi is the opposite. Say Yogi has two early, I have no questions about leaving him in. You can see, as a senior, he really knows how to not pick up fouls.

I was really surprised to see Juwan's foul rate via Kenpom- but whatever- do it. IU needs to use a series of guys in the frontcourt to "share the fouls" and keep TB out of trouble.

On board with this.. too bad we can't send in meathook(pritchard) to send a message

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Speaking of Tom...I'm pretty nervous for the pick and roll game with Ulis tonight. I hope the lane doesn't turn into a lay-up line. Tom hedges like Cody but recovers like Cody's grandma.