Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2016) QB Chad Voytik (Sr Grad Xfr from Pitt)

‏@CFTalk: Indiana, Memphis set for visits from ex-Pitt QB Chad Voytik #collegefootball http://wp.me/p14QTT-1xr1 

Jerry DiPaola of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported over the weekend that Voytik has visits set up with both Indiana and Memphis.  Additionally, the quarterback’s expected to visit Eastern Kentucky of the FCS as well.

Voytik has also been connected to Missouri since announcing in early January that he would be transferring from Pittsburgh.

After replacing the departed Tom Savage as the Panthers’ starting quarterback, Voytik finished third in the ACC in passing efficiency in 2014 as he completed 61 percent of his passes with 16 touchdowns vs. seven interceptions. In 2015, however, Voytik lost his starting job to Tennessee transfer Nathan Peterman, which served as the impetus for his decision to move on from the Panthers this early on in the offseason.

As Voytik will be a grad transfer wherever he ends up landing, he’ll be eligible to play immediately in 2016, his final season of eligibility.

I don't know if we would be the top option for him now that we have Lagow. Voytic has only one season of eligibility left and I'm not sure he would risk not starting wherever he ends up (assuming Lagow wins the starting job).

We could use some help...

I don't know if we would be the top option for him now that we have Lagow. Voytic has only one season of eligibility left and I'm not sure he would risk not starting wherever he ends up (assuming Lagow wins the starting job).

From what I've heard, Lagow has some things to prove still on the field. Why else would we be even speaking with a QB with only one year of eligibility and that year is the upcoming year?

Any of you football guys know, is Lagow the better QB for sure?

I guess I just assumed Lagow was the projected starter just by looking at the numbers he put up in JUCO. I'm getting ahead of myself here; he may not even be ready to start this year. Does anyone know how many years of eligibility Lagow has left?

I think 3. He was redshirted his first year in JUCO.

dj says 2..

Good read here:

http://hoosierhuddle.com/hoosier-blog/7tfe1bqooo8po7wiym7lzfhrct6tq9/2016/3/16

Was a highly ranked recruit coming out of HS. Solid athlete with good arm strength. I remember how well the offense moved with Tre at QB, Voytik may be able to similarly add that other dimension to the offense.