Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Josh

IndyCar thread

11 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

So this is what happens when a Hoosier isn't the ceremonial pace car driver...

Doesn't get any more embarrassing than that!

55 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Doesn't get any more embarrassing than that!

The driver was a GM exec... Not a good day for GM (Honda won the race, too)

Probably a whole lot of people having good fun at his expense at the Detroit HQ.....behind his back of course. I think I read somewhere that he makes 7.7 mil a year, but I'm sure his ego took a hit.

3 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Probably a whole lot of people having good fun at his expense at the Detroit HQ.....behind his back of course. I think I read somewhere that he makes 7.7 mil a year, but I'm sure his ego took a hit.

At 7.7 mil a year, he can deal with it.

2 hours ago, BH33 said:

The driver was a GM exec... Not a good day for GM (Honda won the race, too)

Who is also a licensed race car driver. Gotta let those tires get warmed up, amigo. 

30 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Who is also a licensed race car driver. Gotta let those tires get warmed up, amigo. 

haha I didn't know that part!!

3 hours ago, BH33 said:

haha I didn't know that part!!

Yep. From the GM website:

“A lifelong auto enthusiast, Reuss is a certified industry pool test driver on the North Course of the Nürburgring Motorsport Racetrack in Germany, and is licensed for FIA C and IMSA Road Racing.”

3 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Hopefully the weather holds up long enough to run the full 500 miles

Correct me if I'm wrong...do they just need to run 101 laps before lightning in order to call it a race?  That could lead to interesting fuel strategies

Yeah, they need to run half distance(100 laps) in order to make it official. Its tougher when the rain/lightning comes in patches cuz they try to get as much racing in before darkness so they may go to 100 laps and if there's enough clearance they try to complete as many laps until it either gets dark or they lose the track for the day.