Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Yogi's Picnic Basket

Blackmon Transferring?

Regardless of whether or not this has legs, this is the last thing the team needs right now.

I don't know. I think this team needs to get pissed like they did after the preseason.

If true, seems odd that the family wouldn't have already made CTC aware of their plans.  And if so, still odder that JBJ is still involved with the team as recently as our last regular season game against MD.  If he had made the coaching staff aware of his plans, can't imagine many coaches who wouldn't cut the cord at that moment especially if the move was to a D-1 level school and one that could be a direct competitor.  Also, most schools would announce the fact immediately rather than allow it to 'grow legs' via social media.  How is CTC to respond if asked the question directly?  Or any member of the team for that matter?   Not saying the story isn't true, but my advancing years make me skeptical of how it seems to be playing out.

If true, seems odd that the family wouldn't have already made CTC aware of their plans. And if so, still odder that JBJ is still involved with the team as recently as our last regular season game against MD. If he had made the coaching staff aware of his plans, can't imagine many coaches who wouldn't cut the cord at that moment especially if the move was to a D-1 level school and one that could be a direct competitor. Also, most schools would announce the fact immediately rather than allow it to 'grow legs' via social media. How is CTC to respond if asked the question directly? Or any member of the team for that matter? Not saying the story isn't true, but my advancing years make me skeptical of how it seems to be playing out.

Could be that It is not as definite and Crean is giving them time to evaluate. Maybe the Blackmans feel it is more definite or even know it is but if so there is no reason to force them to announce it now. They could change their mind

If true, seems odd that the family wouldn't have already made CTC aware of their plans.  And if so, still odder that JBJ is still involved with the team as recently as our last regular season game against MD.  If he had made the coaching staff aware of his plans, can't imagine many coaches who wouldn't cut the cord at that moment especially if the move was to a D-1 level school and one that could be a direct competitor.  Also, most schools would announce the fact immediately rather than allow it to 'grow legs' via social media.  How is CTC to respond if asked the question directly?  Or any member of the team for that matter?   Not saying the story isn't true, but my advancing years make me skeptical of how it seems to be playing out.

If IU announced Blackmon was leaving right now, it wouldn't be good. I would imagine lots of fans would be very worried about next year and more worried about Crean being able to keep players under control or whatever. 

I'm not sure I what to think of this. Blackmon will be the #1 go-to guy on offense next year with Yogi graduating. He gets plenty of playing time. Just doesn't make sense.

I don't give the "he's tired of the IU fans criticism" thing any credence either. If he's that thin-skinned, then he wouldn't last a week in the NBA.

If IU announced Blackmon was leaving right now, it wouldn't be good. I would imagine lots of fans would be very worried about next year and more worried about Crean being able to keep players under control or whatever.

What would Blackmon leaving have to do with keeping players under control? Is something else going on?

What would Blackmon leaving have to do with keeping players under control? Is something else going on?

I figure people would assume Crean can't keep his players. As well as keeping them under program rules and such. Case in point, Holt, Hanner, Davis.

In all reality what people on here aren't getting is I pray to god it isn't true. I like James, went to several games at Marion and even Luers right after he committed the first time. I have always followed him and was thrilled when he came here. I have been one that thinks his injury still hurts us, because our growth wasn't him going out it was a collection of players growing up. More minutes for O.G may have been a factor, but still believe this team would be better with him. Next year this would be his and TB's team and maybe Troy's too. Still think Hartman will have a great senior year, but that's next year. I have seen the sources online claiming this and honestly I do hope they got it from me, because if not it probably is true. I'm rooting for JB, but we have to be ready for his departure which I would want a graduate player instead of another freshmen. I think Cujo and Green are gonna be good and Newkirk will be better than thought. Still need more leaders in the backcourt though. I hope I am wrong and in no sense was trying to take a shot at James or even implying anything towards wanting him gone. Just what I heard, but it was told to me by his aunt.

I figure people would assume Crean can't keep his players. As well as keeping them under program rules and such. Case in point, Holt, Hanner, Davis.

Why would you instantly figure that?