Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BottomLine

Is the glass half empty or half full?

As much as I hated to see IU lose to Michigan, I can't help but wonder if it is for the best.  The only way that we were going to improve out seed for the NCAA tourney is if we won the BTT.  But would it have been worth it?  We have players nursing injuries and playing them in the BTT only increased the possibility that they would re-injure themselves.  Can't see how the extra week of rest and healing can't work out to our favor.  So we don't get a #2 seed.  Big deal.  We are easily in and will probably draw somewhere between a 3 and 5.  I'd be happy at this point with a #4.  At full strength, healthy, rested and focused I like our chances.  I guess I'm one of those half full guys.

As much as I hated to see IU lose to Michigan, I can't help but wonder if it is for the best.  The only way that we were going to improve out seed for the NCAA tourney is if we won the BTT.  But would it have been worth it?  We have players nursing injuries and playing them in the BTT only increased the possibility that they would re-injure themselves.  Can't see how the extra week of rest and healing can't work out to our favor.  So we don't get a #2 seed.  Big deal.  We are easily in and will probably draw somewhere between a 3 and 5.  I'd be happy at this point with a #4.  At full strength, healthy, rested and focused I like our chances.  I guess I'm one of those half full guys.

No, that is loser mentality! We should have went on a tear this weekend and then let next weekend go where it may. 

We had four days rest this week, how did that work out?

If we won today and lost tomorrow we are still a 3. This loss makes us a 4 more than likely. If my prediction is right, it was a crushing loss both in momentum, fan/media perspective and in the brackets. The difference between a 2 and 3 and a 3 and 4 are huge. Big blow to our egos and seeding. I just hope when they crunch the numbers we still somehow fall on the 3 line, miraculously.

If we won today and lost tomorrow we are still a 3. This loss makes us a 4 more than likely. If my prediction is right, it was a crushing loss both in momentum, fan/media perspective and in the brackets. The difference between a 2 and 3 and a 3 and 4 are huge. Big blow to our egos and seeding. I just hope when they crunch the numbers we still somehow fall on the 3 line, miraculously.

from the media coverage I have seen today no one has jumped off the iu train and they have said iu is a good team that can make a run. Looking at the number I don't see any way we stay a 3. 4 would be my guess with a 5 a possibility depending on what others do this weekend. I have said this for a while seeds 4-12 there just isn't much separation in my opinion. Team resumes for 3-5 seeds don't look all that different. One thing is for sure next weekend is going to be a hell of a ride

3 vs 4 is a pretty big deal. I agree, we are off the 3. The media went from "they are national title contenders" to " they can make a run and get to the final four". It's a bad look today no matter how you slice it.

At least we get to play next week. Let's let the bar slip and excuse this performance. When you are growing or regrowing a brand every tournament means something. They leave lasting impressions. Creans reputation will precede him until he changes it.

3 vs 4 is a pretty big deal. I agree, we are off the 3. The media went from "they are national title contenders" to " they can make a run and get to the final four". It's a bad look today no matter how you slice it.

At least we get to play next week. Let's let the bar slip and excuse this performance. When you are growing or regrowing a brand every tournament means something. They leave lasting impressions. Creans reputation will precede him until he changes it.

smartest poster on this board

I am cool with the bob knight nobody cares about the big ten tourney bs. It didn't work out for him hope it does for crean

lol. Crean cares though. I just wish he could shake the stereotypes. In Crean talk, I'm ABSOLUTELY wishing for it.

Side note- anyone notice Crean uses "absolutely" as an adverb in every interview?

lol. Crean cares though. I just wish he could shake the stereotypes. In Crean talk, I'm ABSOLUTELY wishing for it.

Side note- anyone notice Crean uses "absolutely" as an adverb in every interview?

I agree but today yogi sat to long and don said Robert was ready. Kind of half butted it

in a normal year I would agree with you that a 3 vs 4 is a big deal. But from what I have seen this year the 13 and 14 seeds will be about the same and the 6 and 5 seeds look to be interchangeable in my opinion

"Without question"

Every team and coach we play is "phenomenal" "especially in this league".

I much prefer pissed off Crean, the guy who gives short answers and curt replies to all reporters. I think angry Crean coaches better. Fresh off a little success makes Crean soft and his teams temperamental. I think it sucked we lost today, but no way in hell do we play well in the tourney after winning the BTT. Sadly, it is hard to see that pattern ever really working for Crean and IU. The idea is to win and keep winning. Too much winning shouldn't hurt your chances of winning, but with Crean, it does. Am I reading too much into it? Probably. Will love to see how IU responds...

Glass half empty bc of the ramifications of this loss. We are likely a 4/5 seed now instead of a 3 seed. Which doesn't mean much the first weekend but this is a 2nd weekend team. I'd rather not face a #1 seed in the sweet 16. I'd rather be a 2/3 seed and have an easier game in the sweet 16. In my eyes this loss just decreased our chances of making a deeper run this year.

Glass half empty bc of the ramifications of this loss. We are likely a 4/5 seed now instead of a 3 seed. Which doesn't mean much the first weekend but this is a 2nd weekend team. I'd rather not face a #1 seed in the sweet 16. I'd rather be a 2/3 seed and have an easier game in the sweet 16. In my eyes this loss just decreased our chances of making a deeper run this year.

wouldnt that depend on who the 1 and 2 seeds would be? For instance if Villanova was the 1 and mich st was the 2 I would argue I would rather face Villanova I used these 2 because most bracketologist have nova 1 and state 2 as of now