Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

What finish will make YOU happy with IU Basketball this March?

You and a lot of other fans! We have talent ok that not the problem. There is a toughness component that goes missing way too much.

Agreed, Yogi sure didn't look like a Senior, Wooden finalist, leader today, that didn't help.

This is hard to answer without seeing brackets or watching the team play the actual games.  I could give an answer of "Final Four" but I'm not sure I'm being honest with myself without seeing how things play out.

Example:  2011-2012 we made the Sweet 16 but it felt like we were one of the best 6-8 teams at the end of that year.  We just ran up against the eventual NC team that made a ridiculous number of FTs to beat us.  2012-2013 we also made a Sweet 16 but were fading down the stretch.  If we get beat by Kansas in the Sweet 16 after playing a great game but Kansas just playing better I'm not sure I could be upset about that. 

Win or lose, I will be upset with any game the team just goes through the motions.  This team is better than that.

I believe we make the sweet 16. The team I saw today was not final 4 ready. Then again, that was not our team. Key injuries forced some "strange" lineups today. I really think we needed a win today if only to get Rojo back to game ready. Hope he is practicing full speed. Morgs needed rest. Burton? Wha? Anyway, I think Crean has to have a s16 or better. A loss in the opening weekend, and I suspect people to re-light the boilers on the hot seat.

I believe we make the sweet 16. The team I saw today was not final 4 ready. Then again, that was not our team. Key injuries forced some "strange" lineups today. I really think we needed a win today if only to get Rojo back to game ready. Hope he is practicing full speed. Morgs needed rest. Burton? Wha? Anyway, I think Crean has to have a s16 or better. A loss in the opening weekend, and I suspect people to re-light the boilers on the hot seat.

Anything less than a second weekend and he should step down.

Win the big ten out right..: coach of the year.. Six man of the year...1st team all big ten and perhaps all American... can't lose in the first weekend. Can't.

This message board would go up into flames lol

I was starting to actually feel confident about this team after the 5 game winning streak. I didn't think we would throttle Michigan but thought we would show up and win. Why did it come to this?!?! I'm now almost expecting a first weekend exit.

I will be happy with a final four bid BUT if we don't make it past the sweet 16, there needs to be some serious consideration of a change. There aren't a ton of great candidates out there other than BS, but it has to be debated. I honestly don't really care about Big Ten titles other than them being a nice thing to brag about. Those are quickly forgotten when you don't show up late in March.

Current projection has our route to the final 4 stony: brook, maryland, virginia, oklahoma/kentucky. That is a gauntlet.
All assuming higher seeds win to face us.

What website? If it's Joe L then bet on that being wrong lol

I would be happy with an Elite 8...With the injuries and uncertainty, with how Crean teams play away from AH, which is to say very undisciplined and tight, I'd say it is unlikely they make it past the first weekend. But, who knows...

This loss should refine our focus, we get key injured players back, have a veteran group and we are a strong team. I expect elite 8 at a minimum.

Anything else is disappointing. You have two season. BT regular season and tournament. Regular season is great but it is to get you ready to make a tourney run.