Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Darius Latham arrested for DUI...

‏@ZachOsterman: Per IUPD: Former IU football player Darius Latham was arrested last night for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. #iufb

Come on Latham, gotta be better than that...which leads me to think the coaching staff was probably not too upset to see him move on from the football program.

That's not going to help his draft stock...

Really sucks. Kid worked hard to get where he is. He's since thrown away the opportunity for a quality education, and now potentially an NFL career.

It does suck, but the knocks on him are that he really didn't work very hard, just coasted on talent, and his off the field decision making was problematic. You can take that for what its worth, I've never seen specifics. He'll probably still get a free agent shot somewhere, but he better keep his nose clean.

That's not going to help his draft stock...

Really sucks. Kid worked hard to get where he is. He's since thrown away the opportunity for a quality education, and now potentially an NFL career.

Actually he can easily finish his degree because of the Student Bill of Rights thing.

It is sad though.

NFL doesn't care much about this stuff really. They pretend to care but talent trumps character more often than not. (Granted, I think that is slowly changing due to the TMZ like exposure of things).

If Latham was talented enough to play ball, he still would. Just not sure he's good enough. We'll find out soon.