Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Game of thrones

I get what you're saying Demo, but I still feel as if the writing was unnecessarily sloppy.  Reddit user Drfunks summed it up pretty nicely I think (note, what follows below is what Drfunks wrote, and I agree 100% with what is written, except maybe the hat thing which was probably done to differentiate the characters).

Mistakes that have NOTHING to do with the books but could have been avoided by I don't know having more writers who can point out the inconsistencies?

Let's look at ep 6.:

• Why is Gendry the only one wearing a hat? Their mission is to wander around aimlessly in the open wild for an unknown amount of time but can't be bothered to cover the most important part of their body to prevent heat loss? For a show devoted to the minute details, this was stupid plain and simple.

• Speaking of Gendry, if the whole point of bringing him up was to have him go back to Eastwatch why not bring some horses? you know to pack supplies and ****. Please don't give me this horseshit excuse they wouldn't survive up north when old Mormont did precisely did then they rode north from the wall. This way we wouldn't have the silly montage of Gendry running a 20K marathon in freezing temperature but rather have a more plausible answer with the horse. Which ironically would drastically reduce the rescue time for Eastwatch to do something. Horse vs running = shaving a lot of hours.

• Speaking of shaving hours, sitting around the frozen lake for 18+hours picking their nose only to have the hound toss rocks for shits and giggles IS poor writing. Having Bran ex Machina send a raven WHILE Jon just arrived at Eastwatch to Dany would have given her ample time to arrive there with her dragons without the time jump. Having the NK shown to have some prescient abilities like Bran to predict the Dragon arriving would also explain how he was ready to take a Dragon pet with the chains. On second thought having the Dragon land at the side of a mountain would mean no chains required.

• Sansa and Arya weren't play acting in their feud. Arya went almost full retard on her hypocrisy. Seriously blaming Sansa for not "dying like a good Stark girl" instead of enduring the Lannisters? It's clear the writers forgot all the time Arya spend in Harrenhall being Tywin's little *****, I mean even Jaqen pointed out how she was so full of it. So the Finale is meant to suggest that Bran explained to his two sisters exactly who was to blame and all the chain of events that led to that point. Now if people still wanna persist that Arya was "in" on it then all they needed to do was having another shot of LF creeping in the shadows while Arya was "feuding" with Sansa. Nope we get none of that. LF's "WTF" face and subsequent castration was pretty epic, the dialogue was crispy but that doesn't mean the writing that led us to that epic scene wasn't shoddy. It was terrible.

Smart script writing could have avoided 99% of all the stupid stuff we witnessed this season. GoT was never a show about "turning your brain off and enjoying the show", this is why the backslash was so severe when the quality dipped for no good reason. Hopefully D&D takes this criticism to heart and either hire more writers or delegate more to proven writers. Last thing we need is for them to take on the full writing duties and spend 5% of their time writing due to them being busy doing 92834928 other things to keep the show going. They got a year and a half before it airs, let's hope they don't **** up the landing.

7 hours ago, Defenserocks28 said:

I get what you're saying Demo, but I still feel as if the writing was unnecessarily sloppy.  Reddit user Drfunks summed it up pretty nicely I think (note, what follows below is what Drfunks wrote, and I agree 100% with what is written, except maybe the hat thing which was probably done to differentiate the characters).

Mistakes that have NOTHING to do with the books but could have been avoided by I don't know having more writers who can point out the inconsistencies?

Let's look at ep 6.:

• Why is Gendry the only one wearing a hat? Their mission is to wander around aimlessly in the open wild for an unknown amount of time but can't be bothered to cover the most important part of their body to prevent heat loss? For a show devoted to the minute details, this was stupid plain and simple.

• Speaking of Gendry, if the whole point of bringing him up was to have him go back to Eastwatch why not bring some horses? you know to pack supplies and ****. Please don't give me this horseshit excuse they wouldn't survive up north when old Mormont did precisely did then they rode north from the wall. This way we wouldn't have the silly montage of Gendry running a 20K marathon in freezing temperature but rather have a more plausible answer with the horse. Which ironically would drastically reduce the rescue time for Eastwatch to do something. Horse vs running = shaving a lot of hours.

• Speaking of shaving hours, sitting around the frozen lake for 18+hours picking their nose only to have the hound toss rocks for shits and giggles IS poor writing. Having Bran ex Machina send a raven WHILE Jon just arrived at Eastwatch to Dany would have given her ample time to arrive there with her dragons without the time jump. Having the NK shown to have some prescient abilities like Bran to predict the Dragon arriving would also explain how he was ready to take a Dragon pet with the chains. On second thought having the Dragon land at the side of a mountain would mean no chains required.

• Sansa and Arya weren't play acting in their feud. Arya went almost full retard on her hypocrisy. Seriously blaming Sansa for not "dying like a good Stark girl" instead of enduring the Lannisters? It's clear the writers forgot all the time Arya spend in Harrenhall being Tywin's little *****, I mean even Jaqen pointed out how she was so full of it. So the Finale is meant to suggest that Bran explained to his two sisters exactly who was to blame and all the chain of events that led to that point. Now if people still wanna persist that Arya was "in" on it then all they needed to do was having another shot of LF creeping in the shadows while Arya was "feuding" with Sansa. Nope we get none of that. LF's "WTF" face and subsequent castration was pretty epic, the dialogue was crispy but that doesn't mean the writing that led us to that epic scene wasn't shoddy. It was terrible.

Smart script writing could have avoided 99% of all the stupid stuff we witnessed this season. GoT was never a show about "turning your brain off and enjoying the show", this is why the backslash was so severe when the quality dipped for no good reason. Hopefully D&D takes this criticism to heart and either hire more writers or delegate more to proven writers. Last thing we need is for them to take on the full writing duties and spend 5% of their time writing due to them being busy doing 92834928 other things to keep the show going. They got a year and a half before it airs, let's hope they don't **** up the landing.

I was thinking the same thing while watching this season.