Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Indiana Hoosiers vs Maryland Post Game Victory Thread

We'd have to dominate the big tourney and have a few chips fall in the right place but I'd say there's a chance for a #1. Don't they look at how hot a team is playing towards the end of a season?
I'd love to see us keep the momentum going next weekend.

it is not a requirement for the committee to take in consideration how a team finishes. 10 years ago they factored in the last 10 games but now they focus on the whole body of work. Committee chair has been quoted as saying a game in November means just as much as one in March

Does everyone realize that we played somewhere around the final 25-30 minutes up by no less than 9 points against one of the best defensive teams in the country? I know we were at home, but that is incredible. We went 18 minutes at one point without a turnover, and finished with only 9. We held Maryland to 62 points.

This was a complete and total domination of one of the better teams in the country.

What you say here is all true, and awesome as well. But, I can you downplaying Maryland many times this season. Now you say they are one of the best. To fit what your mission is, I guess.

What you say here is all true, and awesome as well. But, I can you downplaying Maryland many times this season. Now you say they are one of the best. To fit what your mission is, I guess.

Ah, fun to twist words to fit missions. I said better, not best. I attacked them when they were ranked as a top 5 team in the country early in the year. They looked awful. They still are disjointed. Arguably one of the best teams in the country on paper, but they just haven't hit their potential. Regardless, they have one of the best defenses in the country (#20 after tonight, not sure what it was coming into the game) and the #33 ranked offense (also after tonight, I think it was higher before), and we stomped them. What was your point? Inviting conversation, or just trying to play gotcha?

*KenPom rankings

it is not a requirement for the committee to take in consideration how a team finishes. 10 years ago they factored in the last 10 games but now they focus on the whole body of work. Committee chair has been quoted as saying a game in November means just as much as one in March

yeah, well, that's dumb.

yeah, well, that's dumb.

if you remember last year we benefited from it. Our wins over smu, Pittsburgh, butler early in the year is why after we lost 4 of 5 at the end of the year we still got a 10 seed ( lunardi had us out of the tournament while other bracketologist had us in the first 4 in Dayton)

Watching the game again already, lol, but Morgan is really good at blocking out. Very physical and always has good position. He played so well tonight, hated he got hurt.

i was talking to my brother tonight about Juwans defense. He moves his feet so quickly to cut off the driver with proper positioning. Remarkable defender as a Freshman.

I'm with you. After watching him with Morgan tonight, him with the team, working in his shortcomings, 2 big ten titles in 4 years, the best conference record since 91, undefeated home season.. I think we need to ride this pony. Honestly, if we hit sweet 16 and go out respectfully to a superior opponent, I'm on Crean's side again.

Hanging banners or not, IU basketball is so much better than it has been in 20 years. I'm okay with this. I really just wanted a team to believe in and we have it again. Keep coach.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If we fall in the sweet 16, I'm not sure that I'm back on his side. Yes he turned the ship around and yes he's made changes to his coaching that's needed to be done for years. That may be sign of positive change coming... But this group of boys should be able to make it pretty far.

Now I've mentioned it before, im not sure how we will play away from the hall vs non big ten teams, but we've all seen what we can do. If our shots our falling and Troy contributes , we have a team. Shots not falling and bad Troy shows up....we won't be making it far.

This is the most scary ( good and bad scary) I've seen in quite some time. I think we're deeper than our #1 team a couple years ago.

Pray for good match ups, healthy players, and our 3 to fall.

I feel any of the top 15 teams could win it this year. No one team stands out.
If we get the right match ups and we peak at the right time, then we have a chance.

I agree. It's really a year where everybody's brackets will really be a mess after the first 5 games.

Anybody notice in the interview with Troy he talked about he and Yogi getting in it several times, actually he said each year....Who knows something about this? I trust this to mean fights....

I thought he meant like verbally fighting, like with him and TB from Maui. Who knows