Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
RBB89

South End Zone...

While I think add'l seating on the end zones is a nice thought from a traditional 'bowl' stadium viewpoint. It's nice that we are going the opposite way. The tendering above is a classy way to seal the stadium up IMO.

I wish they would make Heps Rock accessible to the public for pictures. Even if it's roped off like the Liberty Bell, it would be nice to see. Maybe move it inside when there is no game.

That terrace will be nice. I was hoping for a beer garden...one that served a bunch of local Indiana beers.

This isn't based on any sort of hard facts, but they may sell beer up there. They already sell alcohol in the club areas, and that will be a contained area as well. A lot of schools have experimented recently with this, and I read that Glass has considered it.

With that said, I hope we never sell beer in the entire stadium. Louisville does and it's an atrocious atmosphere.

darn.. was hoping for the flagpole removal or relocation bullet point lol

Should look impressive though. At least we are getting a video board on the north end zone.

Yeah that was a nice surprise. I guess they kinda have to though. The SEZ board will be gone for a year.

This isn't based on any sort of hard facts, but they may sell beer up there. They already sell alcohol in the club areas, and that will be a contained area as well. A lot of schools have experimented recently with this, and I read that Glass has considered it.

With that said, I hope we never sell beer in the entire stadium. Louisville does and it's an atrocious atmosphere.

Hmm maybe they can experiment in a few designated areas. But I agree, I wouldn't want beer sold in every concession area; it would take away from the family atmosphere too much in my opinion.

Hmm maybe they can experiment in a few designated areas. But I agree, I wouldn't want beer sold in every concession area; it would take away from the family atmosphere too much in my opinion.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I definitely want beer fully available at games.

Don't get me wrong...I am all for improving Memorial Stadium and the other athletic venues on campus, but should they really be spending money on more seating in Memorial Stadium when their is no real demand (meaning that there are too many empty seats every home game)?

Don't get me wrong...I am all for improving Memorial Stadium and the other athletic venues on campus, but should they really be spending money on more seating in Memorial Stadium when their is no real demand (meaning that there are too many empty seats every home game)?

I don't think they are adding any seats.

We aren't adding seats.

I would be for adding seats myself because the plan is to field a good team that should draw more fans.  More seats, more fans, more revenue.

I don't see any issue with adding more seating to the stadium.  Hopefully it's not being shortsighted not doing so.