Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I maintain, I'm most worried about UK with Garland.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

For me it's Vandy. He'll be *the* guy for them. I don't think any other school can really offer that for him, even us. 

I can see your point though with UK coming in and telling him NBA after 1 year.

For me it's Vandy. He'll be *the* guy for them. I don't think any other school can really offer that for him, even us. 
I can see your point though with UK coming in and telling him NBA after 1 year.

To me Vandy doesn't offer enough pieces to make him flourish. A PG like Garland will want pieces. Big men that can finish and three point shooters. I don't think Vandy will allow scouts to see what Darius can do.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

To me Vandy doesn't offer enough pieces to make him flourish. A PG like Garland will want pieces. Big men that can finish and three point shooters. I don't think Vandy will allow scouts to see what Darius can do.

Fair point. I won't pretend to know Vandy's roster, but I'm sure Bryce will play them up to Darius and tell him he's the missing piece. To come in and be the star they need. I'm sure it helps that they're the home school and his mom works there as well. 

Tough to get a read on this recruitment, but I think it's down to 3 or 4 out of IU, Duke, Vandy, and UK. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to any of those schools.

True but the last two top NBA draft picks came from losing programs that did not make the tournament.

Bryce only has to remind him that scouts will find you. They found him at Valpo. Bryce also will be able to convince him Vandy will be in the NCAAs which is going to be helpful.

Great campus too and if they can land these two they will have a great atmosphere for their games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

I guess Evan Daniels said Darius has eliminated Duke and UK, but I can't find evidence of this except on another board.

Says he's down to IU and Vandy.

Figured this would be the case. Hopefully the hometown school doesn't win out this time.

also, coincidence that those are 2 of Romeo's top schools? :)

I guess Evan Daniels said Darius has eliminated Duke and UK, but I can't find evidence of this except on another board.
Says he's down to IU and Vandy.

Yep he just posted that on the premium forum

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Haven't seen that. If he said it, it is recent and behind a pay wall.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It's behind a paywall. But he did say it. Things are looking pretty good!