Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

4 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Garland & Jones could play together sure, but I have thought Duke was realistic the entire time, even now. Realistic and probable are opposites for me though. Garland is gonna end up at Vanderbilt IMO. UK is taking Quickley. UCLA could end up being a dark horse for him.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I also believe Garland goes to Vandy. Looks like  Devoe, Akinjo, and Phinisee are the more realistic options at this point. Maybe add Dort in there as well.

1 hour ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

I also believe Garland goes to Vandy. Looks like  Devoe, Akinjo, and Phinisee are the more realistic options at this point. Maybe add Dort in there as well.

2 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Garland & Jones could play together sure, but I have thought Duke was realistic the entire time, even now. Realistic and probable are opposites for me though. Garland is gonna end up at Vanderbilt IMO. UK is taking Quickley. UCLA could end up being a dark horse for him.

We all agree gentlemen. Jones goes to Duke just like his brother. And Garland to Vanderbilt is probably pretty legit

With the Coach K news too it would seem that the 2 pg thing may not even be a sure thing even if they wanted it to be. I fully expect Garland to be in play for us, but still think Vandy will be hard to beat.

With the Coach K news too it would seem that the 2 pg thing may not even be a sure thing even if they wanted it to be. I fully expect Garland to be in play for us, but still think Vandy will be hard to beat.

Getting Romeo early and then him getting into Garland's ear is the only way I see us landing him.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/12-old-rape-victim-told-163919494.html

I wonder if Garland is one of the witnesses to this, if so yikes

Hopefully not as he would have been a Freshman and practicing at a different time. They have 6 different Boys teams from 6-12 grade. I can't imagine them practicing at the same time.

Edit: A 6th grade team, JV Middle School, and Middle School team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Hopefully not as he would have been a Freshman and practicing at a different time. They have 6 different Boys teams from 6-12 grade. I can't imagine them practicing at the same time.

Edit: A 6th grade team, JV Middle School, and Middle School team.

Thats good at least

Watching Garland on ESPNU right now, and noticed that the info banner when he was introduced said "Considering: UK, KU, Duke and Vanderbilt." No mention of IU. Think there's anything to that?

ESPN not B1G fans. Gotta get those ACC and $EC. With the Big12Network dissolved, ESPN now needs to toss a lot of b12 love. At the end of the day, it all comes down to that dollar!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On Darius' Instagram live video, Naz Reid said something like "Would Darius want me to go to Vandy?" and Darius responded "YESSS I would love that." 

Something small but definitely notable. These recruits talk and I'd bet that's where he ends up.

I like Bryce Drew, but good luck playing at a school that nobody cares about.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

They're on in a lot of kids top schools, but besides Garland they don't really have a shot with any. Fisher-Davis looks like he will leave at the end of this year, so talent wise they may not even make the tourney next year. I get it's his home school, but if he really wanted to be a one and done he should be looking elsewhere. Naz Reid is going to LSU. Honestly, going to Duke w Tre Jones as much as I think it is a bad idea is a better idea than Vandy.

1 hour ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

They're on in a lot of kids top schools, but besides Garland they don't really have a shot with any. Fisher-Davis looks like he will leave at the end of this year, so talent wise they may not even make the tourney next year. I get it's his home school, but if he really wanted to be a one and done he should be looking elsewhere. Naz Reid is going to LSU. Honestly, going to Duke w Tre Jones as much as I think it is a bad idea is a better idea than Vandy.

Can also depend upon how much spotlight will be focused on him vs. other players.

On a Duke premium site in the interview it sounds like Duke, Kentucky, UCLA, Vandy , and IU will be getting official visits. Kentucky Oct 13 or 15 and UCLA late September. Coach K requested to be the last official visit. His dad was the one interviewed

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

25 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Official visit tentatively scheduled for October 20-22, per Darius's father. That's Hoosier Hysteria weekend so hopefully Romeo is on the visit too. 

Hopefully Paps info was true and Romeo will be there too.  Garland has been pretty vocal about teaming up with another stud.