Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

Been watching more clips of Garland. He is SO slick. If we could be so lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My comparison for Garland has been Kyrie for a little while now. All of us know how Kyrie was ours till Crean ruined it, so this would be even better for me. Huge fan of both.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

From Inside The Hall - not overly encouraging.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/06/03/darius-garland-talks-recruitment-peach-jam-berth/

Garland visited Indiana while Tom Crean was the head coach, but hasn’t been to campus since.

“I talk to coach (Archie) Miller all the time,” Garland said. “He’s on me too. They contact me a lot, actually. Almost every day.”

Garland appears to be intrigued by the prospect of playing alongside four-star class of 2018 point guard Tre Jones at Duke under coach Mike Krzyzewski. The two were teammates in 2016 during Team USA U17 World Championship training camp, and Garland said they’ve been close “ever since.”

From Inside The Hall - not overly encouraging.
http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/06/03/darius-garland-talks-recruitment-peach-jam-berth/

Garland visited Indiana while Tom Crean was the head coach, but hasn’t been to campus since.

“I talk to coach (Archie) Miller all the time,” Garland said. “He’s on me too. They contact me a lot, actually. Almost every day.”

Garland appears to be intrigued by the prospect of playing alongside four-star class of 2018 point guard Tre Jones at Duke under coach Mike Krzyzewski. The two were teammates in 2016 during Team USA U17 World Championship training camp, and Garland said they’ve been close “ever since.”

Why's that? Sounds like we're recruiting him hard. From the beginning, everyone was saying that Duke was going to be the biggest challenge anyways. Well, looks like they still are. I'm sure he would be intrigued by playing in a backcourt with Romeo too though...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Why's that? Sounds like we're recruiting him hard. From the beginning, everyone was saying that Duke was going to be the biggest challenge anyways. Well, looks like they still are. I'm sure he would be intrigued by playing in a backcourt with Romeo too though...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hopefully, that backcourt will be suiting up in the Cream and crimson...

Edit: change Crean to Cream as Crean would have never been able to land both Romeo and Garland!

Well, yeah!
A starting lineup of Garland, Langford, Juwan, DeRon, and Justin Smith sounds like banner material to me.

Can't argue with that. Not too mention CuJo, Green, and Clifton in rotation of 8 not even including additional recruits.

That's why I say it's a 5 man class, but I'd rather 2 alphas and depth in the class than 5 "to-be talents".

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Garland has been sharing a lot of kids comitting to Vandy on twitter. So much so word got out he had decided to go there but that was shot down. I said from the jump Vandy and Duke are our main competition. Vandy maybe more than Duke. Still think we have a shot.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app