Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

This isn't the 18th century where you can only communicate long distance with people by writing a letter. Now you have Facetime, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter. I talk with my brother regularly and he is in the Navy living in Spain! 

True but some people love their families close. That doesn't change just because it's the 21st Century.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Iugradman said:

Archie needs to get down there then.

Only knock whatsoever I have on him right now. He needs to make a trip. If it is between us and Vandy he needs to do just as much if not more than them to make a difference. They have made 2 trips in a week. 

Hopefully Darius and his family had their hearts set on IU, Bryce Drew slipping in to talk to them after they discussed things kinda gives the family a “we know what you’re trying to do here” feel, and they are smart enough to not let anything he does or says affect their decision. 

Regardless of how this ends, Bryce Drew is very smart. Family wanted to talk today and yesterday and Bryce decides to slip in the day after. Smooth move. 

Advantage of being the home team. I would of done the same thing. Drew has pleasantly surprised me since he has been hired

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Only knock whatsoever I have on him right now. He needs to make a trip. If it is between us and Vandy he needs to do just as much if not more than them to make a difference. They have made 2 trips in a week. 

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I expect him to get down there again.

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

Hopefully Darius and his family had their hearts set on IU, Bryce Drew slipping in to talk to them after they discussed things kinda gives the family a “we know what you’re trying to do here” feel, and they are smart enough to not let anything he does or says affect their decision. 

That makes sense and I get that but we all know its close now. Family could also take it as a good thing Vandy isnt just assuming he has made a decision. I believe Archie makes his way down there but w no sure day it is weird. Archie may know something we dont but anything can happen I still make the trip regardless.

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Advantage of being the home team. I would of done the same thing. Drew has pleasantly surprised me since he has been hired

True. The family probably knows it is 10x easier for Drew than Archie. Drew has done an awesome job. Props to him.

This is what would be tough for me and I’m sure there is a fine line between overstepping and looking desperate as opposed to giving recruits and family space to make a decision. If he thinks there is a chance he is slipping behind and this could end this week then I agree he needs to make the trip down but if he knows this is going to November 14th and he visited last week he could play the I just wanted to give you a week to think on things and not smother youbut we are here now to let you know you are still a priority. He definitely needs to use all of his allowed visits before this recruitment ends

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

This is what would be tough for me and I’m sure there is a fine line between overstepping and looking desperate as opposed to giving recruits and family space to make a decision. If he thinks there is a chance he is slipping behind and this could end this week then I agree he needs to make the trip down but if he knows this is going to November 14th and he visited last week he could play the I just wanted to give you a week to think on things and not smother youbut we are here now to let you know you are still a priority. He definitely needs to use all of his allowed visits before this recruitment ends

Right, has to be the hardest part of recruiting. Getting kids to like your school is the easy part. Getting them to fall in love with you and the school is the hard part obviously and part of that is like you said, knowing when and when not to press certain buttons. I'm impatient so I know I couldn't do it lol. As you said if he feels he needs to visit I believe he will. It does suck seeing them visit so much and nothing from us but just like when Romeo gets close we will see him more than the other schools just cause its closer regardless of what the situation is.