Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

Huh, maybe that's where I got that date. 

Yeah everything I have read on free boards, premium boards, local, national and other schools sites from what I gathered it always felt like they would wait until the end of early signing period. What got people losing their minds was when rabjohns went down to Nashville last week.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

17 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Perhaps IU feels they are in a good enough position with Garland that they don't need to go down there and visit him.

Or they know he isn’t signing until around November 14th so they will visit next week 

My guess is Garland will make an announcement beforehand stating the day he will be signing. This seems to be what a lot of the top recruits do to build up the excitement and hype. I doubt he just comes out and says who he is choosing like Hunter, Anderson, Phinesse. All we know is it will be before Nov 15 so he doesn't need to say anything for at least another week to ten days if he doesn't want to. 

6 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

My guess is Garland will make an announcement beforehand stating the day he will be signing. This seems to be what a lot of the top recruits do to build up the excitement and hype. I doubt he just comes out and says who he is choosing like Hunter, Anderson, Phinesse. All we know is it will be before Nov 15 so he doesn't need to say anything for at least another week to ten days if he doesn't want to. 

Actually on or before Nov. 14. His family has said he wants to do it before his first HS game of the season. His first game is Nov. 14th. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Actually on or before Nov. 14. His family has said he wants to do it before his first HS game of the season. His first game is Nov. 14th. 

Thanks for the correction. I thought the 14th was the final day. Either way, he still has a full two weeks left so even if he comes out and announces a signing date he can wait at least another week. 

We are driving ourselves crazy. Lol. I feel more confident than ever for both recruits. I've been surprisingly optimistic about Langford since Archie got hired. I've waivered on Garland all summer. After Phinisee I thought our chances with DG were nil.

My gut confidence now

Romeo 95%
Garland 85%

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We know who the core players DG will be playing with at IU.  What about Vanderbilt?  Any studs that would be coming in with him or already there?  (I hesitate to use stud, vanderbilt, and basketball in the same thought.)

Apparently they have a very good shot at Shittu. Who is ranked 8th overall in 247.

So he would definitley be a stud, and I'd imagine an attractive player to play with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

If you are looking at it from a who will I play with aspect, we are by far and away the better location. We have a really good recruiting class coming in this year, with the possibility of TJD, Brooks, Watford, or Hurt next year. That is a huge plus for us. I imagine these kids talk, DG seems like a 2 year player at least. Possibly having Romeo one year and huge talent the next year, I don’t know how you say no

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

13 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

If you are looking at it from a who will I play with aspect, we are by far and away the better location. We have a really good recruiting class coming in this year, with the possibility of TJD, Brooks, Watford, or Hurt next year. That is a huge plus for us. I imagine these kids talk, DG seems like a 2 year player at least. Possibly having Romeo one year and huge talent the next year, I don’t know how you say no

Cool.  So check that box for IU.

What about coaching and coaching staffs?  Archie (and staff) vs Brice Drew (and staff)  IMO IU checks that box but don't know much about Drew's staff.

Cool.  So check that box for IU.
What about coaching and coaching staffs?  Archie (and staff) vs Brice Drew (and staff)

Ed Schilling is a huuuuuggggeeee plus for us. Especially for a guard that has pro aspirations. Cliff Marshall is such an underrated piece for us as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

National exposure is us. Facilities is us. Long term connections is us. Basically everything points to us. That’s why I feel good about our chances, Vandy may be home and there may be ties and tugs there and he has a great relationship with Drew. But if he is going to choose Vandy it would be an emotional decision. The fact that he did not commit soon after the Vandy visit and seems to be taking his time with this points toward it not being an emotional decision. He is going through and weighing all the benefits vs the drawbacks. That’ll lead to IU and that is why I’m still confident with our chances.

2 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

4877809444a95fe9185d5d0b3fa3d779.jpg

And the plot thickens

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If he decides before the 10-12th rumors which I think he does it will be tonight guys. Evan is there for something. Probably to get the date of his commitment but you never know ;)