Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

2 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Chatter on the Vandy board that Darius has committed to IU but is waiting until after this weekends visit to announce. Take it with a grain of salt but thought it should at least be mentioned.

I'm just impressed you found a Vandy message board!

Chatter on the Vandy board that Darius has committed to IU but is waiting until after this weekends visit to announce. Take it with a grain of salt but thought it should at least be mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just to add to this. I recall one of our trusted posters saying something a few months ago. UCLA was on this list to visit, not because they were a serious contender, because it was more of a hip or neat place to visit on the other side of the country.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Garland will be at UCLA this weekend barring any last minute changes. Plans to sit down with family once he back and go from there.

You seem much more subdued and cautious than comments you posted last night....

If he’s going on his last visit, I’d would definitely chill out. These are kids/young adults here. They can change their mind in a heart beat. This obviously applies to Langford also. I’d hate for us to think it’s a done deal and then the wheels fall off

Agreed. We will not hear anything in the next 48 hours

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

IMO Garland is not 100% a lock whatsoever. If he is taking is visit to UCLA, he seems to still be keeping his options open. He may be an IU lean but its not a done deal. Anything can happen to change his course.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

You got it. People need to chill and realize it's not over.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, schoosier said:

we did it with G Harris while committing an infraction and still lost him.

The stuff we have done to lose recruits really makes me think it could be a sitcom. 

Sort of an inspector gadget thing where the coaches kid saves the day. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

The stuff we have done to lose recruits really makes me think it could be a sitcom. 

Sort of an inspector gadget thing where the coaches kid saves the day. 

That was then this is now. I'm ready to see some real coaching and forgetting 2 decades of misery. These top local recruits gets us there much faster.

31 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Ha I saw that too. Kind of surprised the mod posted that on IU's site, but everything is starting to add up now.

If Garland was that close to committing last night, I wish he would have gone ahead and done it. A week is an eternity in recruiting, especially this close to signing day. A lot could still happen to change his mind, and given how often we seem to be on the wrong side of that thing, that's what I'm fully expecting to happen here.

I don't know, it all just seems too good to be true. Maybe we just haven't been this close to landing multiple five stars in one class, maybe we've just been left at the altar one too many times with our biggest targets, or maybe it's just two decades worth of cynicism telling me it just won't happen...because it doesn't.

Or maybe things are different now. Guess we'll find out.