Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

Honestly I would hate to speculate more than is out there, but it seems to be consensus of current players leaving and potential recruit opening up. Beyond that I have an idea but I am not 100% so speculation would be very counter intuitive to this discussion. But the way we are recruiting clearly for two people puts a spotlight on that theory.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So basically you would say more likely a current player meaning a precious Crean recruit leaving. With a chance a current recruit decommits?

Sent from my SM-G935T using BtownBanners mobile app

Remember, growing up, via his dad, IU was Darius's (not Romeo's) dream school. When your dream school has a great coaching staff,  the shoe company that's supported your programs, and is an all-around great fit...

I thought he played on the Nike EYBL?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

30 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

To add excitement about CB vote of confidence.

Chad Lykins is 25/28....90%. With an average of 56 days from selection. Not one that misses too often. Granted he could still change his mind but.....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No idea what went behind his selection, but part of me thinks he saw/heard the same thing as Daniels, looked at IU vs Vandy, and concluded IU based on us being a blue blood. Just my 2 cents.

ill start believing the crystal ball when's it's a couple days from his announcement.

15 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Wow. If Archie pulls this off he is King among men.

2 top 15 kids. A 40-60. And 3 from 80-150.

Trying not to get too excited on this bit of news, but I can't help it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just think about the future too.  Even if we miss out on our top 2018 targets (doubtful), I think we'll end up with a stellar 2019 class regardless.

Imagine if we close out 2018 with Garland and Langford, and have a 2019 class of some combination of Watford/Brooks/TJD/Coleman/Hurt.

IU would be the "it" school again and back on the map.  Top kids would come here because other top kids want to come here.

I know I'm putting the cart before the horse, but man it's so hard not to get excited.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I'll give my uneducated opinion:

• Anyone saying that Tre Jones's commitment to Duke was irrelevant or a Duke net-positive was either speaking in platitudes or flat-out lying. Both Darius and Tre want to be the guy with the ball in their hands; Tre claimed that spot for the Dukies.
  • I like our odds given that I fully expect IU's Hoosier Hysteria weekend to be Darius Garland's final official visit. You think it's any coincidence that the Duke 247 predictor was the one who just flipped to IU? Darius will be in Bloomington the weekend of 10/21; he will not be Raleigh/Durham the following weekend.
  • Vandy is a real option. But, of his final five, if he makes it onto Duke or UCLA's campus I will be more than a little surprised, and only then will I re-assess my optimism.
  • It would also be mighty helpful if, as is widely expected, 5* pg Immanuel Quickley, who announcing tonight, pops for the dirty, stinkin' Kensucky Wildcats.

If we don't sign either Darius or Romeo I'm better-than-okay and I get it, but things are already really good and could get a whole lot better.

I've also heard from a friend with some Duke insider knowledge that R.J. Barrett is the new top priority for K.

I've seen Quickley play about a dozen times. He goes to school at John Carroll, which is about 3 miles from my home.. He's a total stud. Pretty sure he was the Metro Player of the year in like 10th grade and has only gotten better playing against some of the best competition on the East Coast over the last several seasons. Kentucky is getting another good PG.