Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

28 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Maybe you were trying to focus the conversation away from true love and on Mr. Garland...  Or maybe you were trying to link the post from ITH with that picture.  

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/09/19/indiana-has-terrific-in-home-visit-with-five-star-point-guard-darius-garland/

I was trying to return the focus of the thread to where it belonged. 

Thanks for posting the article. hadn't seen it, and I got the picture randomly off the internet, presumably, just as they did.

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hope we can hang onto Schilling semi long term. Seems primed for a gig. Hoping he's content.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Why do you think that? Age 50 is pretty late to go looking for a head coach job. Archie pulled him from a very good gig at UCLA; it's pretty clear that he wants to be here.

Ed Shilling is such a good recruiter because he's such a good basketball coach. The best players understand that.

And, FWIW, Tom Ostrom is such a good recruiter because...he's such a good recruiter.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So true. Haha.

Watching Crean shoot FTs in Hawaii about did me in.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Why do you think that? Age 50 is pretty late to go looking for a head coach job. Archie pulled him from a very good gig at UCLA; it's pretty clear that he wants to be here.

$$$. He seems to garner respect from everyone. He can recruit. He can coach. He's a get. But yeah, some people don't have that desire to be THE guy. Hoping that's the case here.

22 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

$$$. He seems to garner respect from everyone. He can recruit. He can coach. He's a get. But yeah, some people don't have that desire to be THE guy. Hoping that's the case here.

I could be totally wrong on this, but I think I read something around the time both Ostrom and Schilling were hired that we better enjoy them while we have them. Both have head coaching aspirations if I remember correctly.

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hope we can hang onto Schilling semi long term. Seems primed for a gig. Hoping he's content.

He had the head job once at Wright St. and surely has had head job offers from others over the years.  Maybe he decided the 'head ned' gig isn't what he truly wants; to constantly be in the spotlight.  

18 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I more worry about him taking an NBA or Kentucky assistant job, as he's close with Calipari.  I agree though, I'm hoping we can get at least 4 good years out of him.  Hopefully he REALLY likes being back in Indiana and doesn't bolt for a job like Ball State or Butler.

I more worry about him taking an NBA or Kentucky assistant job, as he's close with Calipari.  I agree though, I'm hoping we can get at least 4 good years out of him.  Hopefully he REALLY likes being back in Indiana and doesn't bolt for a job like Ball State or Butler.

Schilling is a big adidas guy, one of the main reasons he left ucla is because they are switching to under armor. He's not going to a non adidas school if he leaves.