Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

Pap, would having Durham in 2017 along with upperclassmen in Green and Jones, effect Garland at all? I know it's really early in his recruitment but wondering if you've heard anything about what is ideal situation would look like.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Basketball nowadays is a year by year proposition. Never know about NBA, transfers, injuries, etc. Too early to think about roster composition. Now is the time to figure out relationships with coaches/school.

Basketball nowadays is a year by year proposition. Never know about NBA, transfers, injuries, etc. Too early to think about roster composition. Now is the time to figure out relationships with coaches/school.

Agree, just trying to get a sense of what he is looking for at the next level. It's still extremely early with him still being a sophomore but some players let it be known they want to be the man from day one.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Pap, would having Durham in 2017 along with upperclassmen in Green and Jones, effect Garland at all? I know it's really early in his recruitment but wondering if you've heard anything about what is ideal situation would look like.

I agree with what Wayne said. But, also, that's going to be something he looks at. No one told me that or anything, but recruits examine their PT situation. The thing is all those guys are combo guards, at best. Al and Cujo played point this year in HS which is nice, and esp. Al seems to be trending that way moreso than the other two, but he is still not a natural point. Garland is and I would think would get his crack at PG with the others rotating around him. Now, add a soph. Scruggs and things get a little messy for Garland. 

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/darius-garland-is-boys-basketball-player-of-the-year?utm_campaign=Contact+SNS+For+More+Referrer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

“He’s going to have his choice,” Brentwood Academy coach Hubie Smith said of Garland, who said that he is in no rush to make his college commitment. “I’ve gotten calls from Duke and North Carolina, and I’ve talked to coaches at Kentucky — pretty much every place in the country.”

Garland, a five-star prospect for the Class of 2018 according to 247Sports, already holds offers from several Division I programs, including Arizona State, Baylor, Indiana, Louisville, Memphis, Ohio State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Virginia.

“The few doors that aren’t already open soon will be,” Smith added. “He’s that good.”

Recap of Darius Garland at EYBL in Indy:

4/22 – St. Louis Eagles beat Spiece Indy 84 – 79.  16 pts. on 6 of 11 from the field 2 of 5 on 3’s; -0- reb; 1 TO.

4/23 – St. Louis Eagles beat Elfrid Payton 73 -53.   Did Not Play

4/23 – St. Louis Eagles lost to The RENS 74 – 74.  14 pts. on 5 of 17 from the field; 4 of 12 on 3’s; 2 reb; 2 assists; 1 TO.

4/24 – St. Louis Eagles beat BABC 76 – 51.  21 pts. on 8 of 15 from the field; 4 of 7 on 3’s; 2 reb; 2 assists; 2 TO’s.